Dreaming tarot

SarahRacheal

Hi all
Well I've been drowning myself in tarot for the last week and it's started to show in ways I wanted to ask you guys about.
I posted a spread last week regarding where I was in life as I felt I needed more direction and some advice (all that was given was very helpful thanks guys) I've been focusing heavily on The High Priestess, The World and my birth cards (The Magician, The Wheel and The Sun) since that time trying to get a better take on who I am and what I want, so here's the thing, I'm getting really vivid dreams at the moment and that’s not normal for me. I can count on one hand the number of dreams I’ve ever remembered!
So I thought I'd post to see firstly if anyone here has tarot dreams and secondly to see if anyone can help shedding any light on them.

Dream one
I’m in the house I grew up in with my mum pottering around in the hallway and I turn to see the front door handle hanging slack, I get total fear in my stomach that someone is in the house with me. I look up the stairs to see a blonde guy in jeans and a white t shirt standing there and I RUN!! Straight out the back door grabbing my little girl as I go, I can even remember worrying that he was going to hurt Issabella, my cat, until I see her fleeing the house with us. I run the back lain, it’s the middle of the day and beg to use some girls mobile phone to call the police and then I wake up.

My other half said I was running and crying in my sleep it really shook me up. I know a little dream interpretation and a house would be me and my subconscious. I’m confounded as to who the man was as he didn’t look like any one I know. I do strongly feel that this has to do with my focusing on the cards and The High Priestess with her link to the subconscious, but can’t seem to work out what its saying.

Dream two
I’m on a stream in a row boat with a woman (I think) I know I admire her and look up to her but I don’t know who she is. I’m rowing the boat, it seems a chilled out relaxed day but she’s talking to me and I can’t remember what she is saying, the river is shaded by trees and it’s beautiful. We pull over (I don’t know the term for stopping a boat!) near a house and I go in, she disappears. I’m in the kitchen with my boyfriend, it’s really narrow and we’re cooking a meal for people sitting around a table. He turns to me with a kitchen knife in his hand and taps me in the chest with the knife, I can’t move and the people are watching, he does it again and no blood is drawn, then a third time and the knife goes in to my chest and I can feel myself sliding to the floor, the people watching are clapping and I wake up!
Now I have no worries that my boyfriend is coming after me with a knife in real life, thought I’d better add that quick!
All I could think was the 3 of swords when I woke up

Has any one had a querent come to them with dreams as a basis of the reading? Or had vivid dreams that they relate to tarot? Can anyone help interpret these dreams in relation to tarot?

Mods please feel free to move this post if I’ve posted it in the wrong place.
Sarah x

Alta

SarahRacheal said:
Mods please feel free to move this post if I’ve posted it in the wrong place.
Sarah x
Reference this comment: no problem with discussing the experience of tarot related dreams, but actual dream interpretation (outside of tarot aspects) happens in Divination.

All the best,
Alta

nisaba

SarahRacheal said:
I get total fear in my stomach that someone is in the house with me. I look up the stairs to see a blonde guy in jeans and a white t shirt standing there and I RUN!! Straight out the back door grabbing my little girl as I go,
I get the feeling that you're more than usually afraid of the unacknowledged male side of your character. Do you dislike such things as leg-hair, underarm hair, chin-spikes if you get them? You probably feel as if this unknown part of yourself threatens all that is known. It's interesting that there are three woman: you, your mother and your daughter. Maiden, Mother and Crone. You might like to look into triple goddess figures or triple-headed women in mythology and see what they can bring to you, especially with reference to a single male.

SarahRacheal said:
I’m in the kitchen with my boyfriend, it’s really narrow and we’re cooking a meal for people sitting around a table. He turns to me with a kitchen knife in his hand and taps me in the chest with the knife, I can’t move and the people are watching, he does it again and no blood is drawn, then a third time and the knife goes in to my chest
He's not actually your boyfriend here, he's just a convenient symbol for your feelings about either men generally or the inner masculine side of your character. You feel distinctly threatened.

In your position, I'd probably be pulling out all the strong masculine cards: chariots, Kings, Emperors and hte like (not so much Fools, Magicians and Knights) and spending a *lot* of personal time with them, working out what it is about this that bothers you, and trying to forgive it and integrate it into your total overall understanding of who you are. Because we are all combinations of male and female - it's not as awful as your subconscious seems to think it is, to identify male bits in yourself.

SarahRacheal

Thanks nisaba I'll be sitting down with some of the guys from the deck this afternoon. I do get thrown with masculine archetypes popping up in readings, I’m wondering if this is one of the issues that The High Priestess has brought up as I’ve been meditating on her the last few nights to get insight into my current situation. For the last 7 years Up until October I had been working as a makeup artist for a very well known cosmetics brand in a department store working with women, clients were women etc etc so yes I can relate to not loving the male aspects of myself.

saleeneh

Hi I know that when I open my self up more psychicly (is that a real world) I do get vivid dreams. I know that in my dreams, when I am in a house, especially my family home, either past or present it represents my life. Also, I have had dreams where I am in situation where I need to rescue my daughters from a calamity, usually floods, and I know these dreams come at a time where I am feeling out of control and anxious. It seems the subconscious tries to works its way out of the seemingly inescapable situation by creating scenarios where you can successfully escape and rescue those that you are responsible for. I think this is a healthy thing actually. As for the second dream, I think the three of swords is your hint there. The three attempts at piercing your heart with the third being successful. It seems that you are going through a difficult time right now. Also the row boat is symbolic of the six of swords don't know if you noticed that or not. But as I see it, both of these cards show temporary conditions and you will have smoother waters ahead.

Jaqueline

Your first dream reminded me of right before I left my husband - I had dreams of running from him through the house, & I would get to the front door & pull & pull but it wouldn't open. At least you got out. (I eventually did too, in reality).

The second dream, I'm thinking the woman in the boat was that High Priestess you've been concentrating on, & she has delivered you to a place you need to deal with - the house, the guy with the knife, & I would agree, 3 of Swords.

You're soul searching & stuff is trying to come to the surface. Evidently the cards are helping you. It will eventually surface. I can usually figure dreams out if I keep thinking about it (like, who could get those intense dreams out of your mind anyway). Don't fight it - keep shuffling.

nisaba

Just repaired the quotation commands in my previous message so it makes a bit more sense.