Dreamscapes Tarot

Lynny

I am attempting to design my own tarot deck. I am thinking about calling it Dreamscapes Tarot, because the art is a bit surreal. I'm not really a very good artist, but I think there is something special about designing one's own deck. I will post links in seperate posts. Feel free to give me some kind of feedback on my designs, I would really appreciate it.

Chronata

Hi Lynny! Welcome!

I agree with you...there is indeed something special in designing your own cards, because they help you to understand tarot in a different way than simply studying it!

You say you aren't a very good artist, but from the first card, I definitely see that you have an artist's sense of design! Good balance in the image, and beautiful color.

I really like this card. It's simple and at the same time profound. I also like the little moon chasing the larger...a very cool symbol.

Please keep going! I would love to see what other dreamscapes are in your head.
This is a very wonderful start!

Lynny

Thank you! ^_^

I already have some images in my mind for some other cards, and am writing them down, because I am afraid of losing them. But what I write down isn't concrete, because sometimes I get a better image, or want to change a few details.

I'm trying to go in order, so next is The Magician. I'll post the notes I have written for it so far...

Lynny said:
The Magician
An old man with his arms upraised, as if holding a large sphere over his head. His eyes are glowing, and between his hands, but not touching them, is a sphere or bubble. Inside is a white castle by the ocean. The man is looking up at his creation. The background behind the man is purple. The sky in the bubble is bright blue and sunny. There is a table in the foreground. Light from the bubble reflects on the man, the background, and the table.

This one will be a little more detailed than the other, and I'm somewhat bad at people, but I think I will do well on this, as the image is solid in my mind.

My biggest fear is that I will do or make something that someone else has already done. >_< So if anyone has made or seen a card like what I have described, please let me know before I put too much work into it, heh.

WalesWoman

What a beautiful beginning! Keep it up, how many ways are there to do tarot cards? I expect that someone could see a similarity between something someone does, but seeing it in your minds eye and creating it is always going to be original I think. Certain things from other artists may influence you, but I don't think it's plagerism if some aspect inspires you to take an idea and make it differently.

Sophos

I really like it! congratulations for a great card :) and please don't let anything or any opinion stop you from following your vision. Enjoy the journey!

Lynny

Thank you hehe.

I think I'm going to change the Magician a bit so there are multiple spheres/bubbles. The white castle will be the biggest, but a person shouldn't just settle on one big creation, I think. The Magician is an experienced man who has done and made a lot. At least that's how he feels to me. ^^;;

Strange2

Lynny said:
The card is The Fool. I think the sillouette of the person needs to be fixed a little so it looks like he is walking to the portal instead of just standing there. What do you think?

Welcome, Lynny, and thanks for sharing your artistic Tarot visions! The Fool card is very powerful, and I got the immediate sense of the figure being poised calmly at the edge of the portal, about to take that leap of faith and step through.

Looking forward to seeing more cards from your Dreamscapes!

Briar Rose

The first thing I thought when I saw your first card, The Fool was; "OOooo."

I got a good feeling from it. But the card looks ominous. But perhaps that is me, bc I should really think more b4 I take a plunge.

So, I am looking forward to seeing more cards.