eagle and lion symbols in crowley deck

new persephone

hi there to all -new to this website i just found it via keyword search, good synchronicity i am sure :)
i have been reading the Crowley (Lady Fieda Harris should get a mention striaght away too !) Tarot pack for 17 years- since i was a teenager.
i am in a complex 3 way relationship with my partner and another man, "X", whom i havent seen for a while and miss dreadfully. a few days ago i dreamt that X spread my Tarot deck, (despite my protestations that this was my deck, as in, he was using the deck to self- read without my permission initially) picked up a handful, and showed me the cards in a kind of ' you see?' way. only two of the cards were visible, they were a lion and an eagle. (no colours that i remember anyway)
of course there are no cards called 'the lion' or 'the eagle' but they do form important symbols on several cards, and are core symbols on 2 cards in particular, no 6 The Lovers and no 14 Art were the ones that sprung to mind. all have alchemical transformation yin/yang 'opposites becoming each other' type associations. also major fixed elements, and so forth, 2 of the 4, and seen as part of man/bull/lion/eagle on several other cards.
this doesnt really help me self analyse what this dream means and i was wondering if anyone felt able to attempt an interpretation...just as its very hard to read Tarot for yourself, i find it hard to interpret this dream as my own wish- fulfillment tends to get in the way of clear analysis
i also just found out/ re remembered that the griffin is half lion half eagle!
i am a scorpio btw (eagle/fixed water). i have no idea if X is a leo though it would be neat it he was :)
thanks a lot
"new Persephone"
(hello to other persephone on website and everyone else :) )

Lillie

Hi.

Yeah, as you say, alchemical symbols.
The alchemical marriage of the red king and the white queen, that produces the philosophers stone.

I suppose in terms of your dream it means that you and he are meant to be together, that you and he are two halves of the same thing.

That the combination of you both produces something greater than the sum of it's parts.

This seems pretty clear.

However, there is no way of telling wethe this dream is anything more than 'wishful thinking'.
ie. you feel this way and in your dream he tells you this, meaning that he feels it too. Could be just your subconcious telling you what you want to be true, or it could be a message that he really does feel this.

What about your husband?
Does he figure at all?

new persephone

thanks for reply

thanks for the reply /assessment. yes there is no way of knowing whether the dream is prophetic, telepathic communication, or rather a mirror of the real (as a tarot reading is, a 'photo ' of the moment), and the assessment of my own subconscious- or it could be just wish fulfillment.
:) all very in keeping with the "playful but not so playful, keeping you guessing" energy of the Crowley pack
i guess time will tell. i felt it was a positive dream nonetheless and quite a significant one psychically, enough to trigger me joining an online tarot discussion group! :) they are powerful energies to appear in any case. dreaming about my pack like that v significant just in itself.
yes my husband (well, we;re not married not that it matters) does "figure" . i dont want to go into detail but the karma of it all on that side of it is fine, this is no mere adultery. its not adultery at all.
i find it no small coincidence that crowley and harris were in a complex 3 way relationship with another man and that i dream about my tarot pack like this! :)