Email Tarot Readings & Readings from a Distance - How?

Blessed

Hello, everyone!

I hope you are all well!
This is the first thread I'm starting here, so I hope I picked the correct section - if not, please let me know, dear Moderators!

I worry my question might seem a bit... silly? naive? to some, especially since the forum is full of very experienced and charismatic people, but please, bear with me.
I read in several threads about readings via email or telephone and I've been meaning to ask, how this works? Does it work?
I've been learning from my elder sister, through studying from any sources I can find, through trial & error in my personal readings and via pure instinct. Up till now, I thought the querent had to connect with the deck by shuffling and concentrate on the topic at hand, so that the deck can be charged with their energy. Personally, before readings for my self, I prefer to meditate, 'fixate' on my question, reach a semi-trance state and be totally devoted - if I can't achieve that, the moment is just not right for me, so I leave it for later.
But I digress.
So, the question is, how can you read for someone when they're not physically present?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Michael Sternbach

There are many "rules" in the Tarot world, but most of them are actually just ideas and suggestions that readers will employ or discard to their liking. We all have our favourite rituals, but none of them are really a necessity.

Bear in mind that in the psychic dimension, there is no space that separates us. To illustrate this... Besides Tarot readings, I have also done numerous accurate psychic readings (as well as combinations of the two) for people all over the planet, knowing almost nothing about them. All that matters is the intention to do a reading for X.

Best you try it yourself. We have a reading exchange section for that. :)

Apollonia

Well, it definitely does work, because I've been doing it for years and I continue to get return clients and referrals. I feel it works because the physical world is an illusion, everything is energy and energy can be accessed freely by anyone, anywhere.

I not only do readings, I also do energetic clearings and space clearings by phone and email. I just ask to be connected with the person's energy, or the energy of the space, and off we go. The hardest part is getting your left brain over the "This can't be possible" notion.

Even in face to face readings, though, I don't ask the querent to touch the cards. As you continue on your path, you will undoubtedly see varying opinions about this. For me, there's nothing magical about them getting their energy into the deck. If I can't access their energy when they are in a tiny room with me, having them shuffle won't help.

Grizabella

Scientists have proven that tiny tiny tiny bits of energy can communicate with each other separated by infinite space clear across the universe, so I'm not surprised that readings from a distance around the world work. Lots and lots of readers do their readings online or by phone these days and it does work. Just do what you normally do with your readings, but the difference will be the way you communicate as compared to face-to-face readings.

Blessed

There are many "rules" in the Tarot world, but most of them are actually just ideas and suggestions that readers will employ or discard to their liking. We all have our favourite rituals, but none of them are really a necessity.

Bear in mind that in the psychic dimension, there is no space that separates us. To illustrate this... Besides Tarot readings, I have also done numerous accurate psychic readings (as well as combinations of the two) for people all over the planet, knowing almost nothing about them. All that matters is the intention to do a reading for X.

Best you try it yourself. We have a reading exchange section for that. :)

Hello, Michael, thank you for your reply!
You are right about the "rules" and rituals - everything is subjective and we all follow different paths depending on our intuition and instinct.

Thank you for reminding me and pointing out the nature of the psychic dimension. Sometimes knowledge like this, which is so basic, ends up being forgotten or buried under new information and/or personal insecurities.
You really lifted some barriers out of my way, thank you Michael!
I will try out the reading exchange!

Blessed

Well, it definitely does work, because I've been doing it for years and I continue to get return clients and referrals. I feel it works because the physical world is an illusion, everything is energy and energy can be accessed freely by anyone, anywhere.

I not only do readings, I also do energetic clearings and space clearings by phone and email. I just ask to be connected with the person's energy, or the energy of the space, and off we go. The hardest part is getting your left brain over the "This can't be possible" notion.

Even in face to face readings, though, I don't ask the querent to touch the cards. As you continue on your path, you will undoubtedly see varying opinions about this. For me, there's nothing magical about them getting their energy into the deck. If I can't access their energy when they are in a tiny room with me, having them shuffle won't help.

Hi, Apollonia!
By reading your reply, I realised the phrase I used "does it work?", might sound a bit offensive. I apologise in advance everyone, - I didn't mean to question anyone's gifts and methods.

You are correct, the "this can't be possible" mindset is the biggest obstacle. Often, even if we don't view something as impossible, it takes some time to realise and believe we can actually do it.

What you explain, is so real and basic, I feel like a fool for not thinking about or "owning" it earlier! I mean the "accessing one's energy" part. It is actually something I have been doing in my everyday life since I was little, in most cases it came around naturally and I just wasn't paying enough attention to register it as a fact, other times I was threatened to get lost in it, so I withdrew.
I can see now that everything is about being open, gaining experience and trusting yourself.

Thank you very much for your input!

Apollonia

Hi, Apollonia!
By reading your reply, I realised the phrase I used "does it work?", might sound a bit offensive. I apologise in advance everyone, - I didn't mean to question anyone's gifts and methods.

You are correct, the "this can't be possible" mindset is the biggest obstacle. Often, even if we don't view something as impossible, it takes some time to realise and believe we can actually do it.

What you explain, is so real and basic, I feel like a fool for not thinking about or "owning" it earlier! I mean the "accessing one's energy" part. It is actually something I have been doing in my everyday life since I was little, in most cases it came around naturally and I just wasn't paying enough attention to register it as a fact, other times I was threatened to get lost in it, so I withdrew.
I can see now that everything is about being open, gaining experience and trusting yourself.

Thank you very much for your input!
Your question didn't strike me as offensive at all, just frank and plainly stated, which I tend to appreciate, being plain spoken myself. Good luck to you as you navigate this fascinating and often mystifying world!

SunChariot

Hello, everyone!

I hope you are all well!
This is the first thread I'm starting here, so I hope I picked the correct section - if not, please let me know, dear Moderators!

I worry my question might seem a bit... silly? naive? to some, especially since the forum is full of very experienced and charismatic people, but please, bear with me.
I read in several threads about readings via email or telephone and I've been meaning to ask, how this works? Does it work?
I've been learning from my elder sister, through studying from any sources I can find, through trial & error in my personal readings and via pure instinct. Up till now, I thought the querent had to connect with the deck by shuffling and concentrate on the topic at hand, so that the deck can be charged with their energy. Personally, before readings for my self, I prefer to meditate, 'fixate' on my question, reach a semi-trance state and be totally devoted - if I can't achieve that, the moment is just not right for me, so I leave it for later.
But I digress.
So, the question is, how can you read for someone when they're not physically present?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Please believe me there are no silly Tarot questions. This is a learning forum and that is why we are all here to share information. ALL of us here learnt from the ground up. We started off knowing nothing (no one is born knowing Tarot) and we learnt by asking questions, many of us here on AT. I learnt most of what I know about Tarot here on AT myself.

Just keep asking anything you want and soon you will be one of the ones answering and passing your knowledge on here, paying it forward as it were. :grin:

That said and to answer your question, yes it works. Very well in fact.

I have ONLY read online throughout all the time I have been a reader. The querent e-mails me the questions and I e-mail them the answers, including photographs of the card images.

I only tried once to read in person, hated it and never went back. Which is neither here nor there. Reading in person is not for me personally, but it is the only way for other readers. We're all different.

Anyway, LOL, the point is yes it works. It is the only way I have really ever read. And I have heard the words "scary accurate" a number of times before about my readings. One querent was astounded that in a reading about her boyfriend, when talking about him I used the exact same verbal expressions that he tends to use.

As for the last question, HOW it works...honestly no one knows for sure how Tarot works AT ALL. No one knows for sure how reading in person works either. But those who read know that is does. And yes it works too if the querent is nowhere near when the reading is being done. Even when they are not conscious, LOL! I often end up reading for people at the other end of the world. So while I am doing their readings they are often enough sound asleep. :grin:

No one knows how Tarot works, we all have our own personal beliefs and theories but honestly no one knows for sure. There is no way to find an answer to that question that can be proven, so all we all have is our own theories.

And that says that the querent does not HAVE to touch the deck or think of the question as a reading is being done. It may work well for some readers, but it is not necessary for a reading to work.

All I can do know is tell you my theories, and other people can then tell you theirs. :grin:

My personal belief is that divination, for me, is a communication with the Divine. I personally tend to see that as my angels and/or the angels of the querent. I don't ever, at any point, try to connect to the energy of the querent. In a reading I ask the question and focus on it. And then it is the energy of the angels that I am trying to connect with NOT the energy of the querent. They, in my belief, know all answers. The querent does not, but they do.

It's not actually the act of trying to connect to them. It's more, for me, asking the question...then turning off my mind and opening up my heart and soul and listening to what comes. It's not trying to communicate with them, but opening myself so that they can freely communicate with me. When we turn everything else off, we can perceive those messages.

At least that is how it all seems and feels to me. That is my experience of it anyway,

And just what you said. I need to be in a meditative, in a way semi-trance like state to read well. If I can't get into the right frame of mind, I can't read well. If not, I get up and walk away and come back and do the reading later when I feel more relaxed and calm.

Babs