Erde Tarock

prudence

Hi

I just received the Erde Tarock yesterday, and have been excitedly playing with it today (lots of trivial and not so trivial readings done as well).

It is not a typically beautiful deck, but to my eyes it is exquiste. The mirror images in the majors and the courts really lend themselves well to readings, and add layers to the interpretation.

Already there are many favorite cards popping out at me, screaming for attention and adoration. (The Devil, Lovers, Queen of Cups all come to mind...) It is so dark, and abstract and sensual. edited to add the word "creepy", because it is (it really really is), but in the best possible sense of the word. ;)

I hope there are others here who have this deck, and I would love to hear your experiences with and impressions of it. :D I will now post a link to some of the images from Tarot Garden.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=erde+tarock

prudence

be aware, some nudity in the photo

Here are some cards that I find particularly delighful from the Erde.

Not sure why the Star has her bum way up in the air like that, but it sure makes for interesting readings. :D
Sorry about the quality of the photo. The Death card depicts an aged man crawling under the "cloaks" of Death, and out the other side a baby is emerging.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/astridohden/IMGP1538.jpg

MeeWah

Regret I do not have this deck--I like it!!

The card images intriguing. Its double-ended imagery like regular playing cards (admit to fondness for those, which started the reading path). The artwork reminiscent of woodcuts.

Based on the scans kindly provided, I like what I can see of the deck & do not see it as so dark--but perhaps an upfront & personal encounter would be different.

Death is my favourite thus far. That Star looks like she is "mooning".

Thanks very much for sharing.

Emeraldgirl

Astrid O said:
Not sure why the Star has her bum way up in the air like that, but it sure makes for interesting readings. :D

To prepare you for the Moon ? })

Seriously though it's a beautiful deck. I noticed on the tarotgarden link that the minors are in the TdM style. Is that correct?

prudence

hi ladies!

Yes, EG, the pips are morelike a marseilles, but not in the classic marseilles pattern, it's really its own pattern, and no folliage. But I find them very easy to read, they are very simple, and when they come up, it just flows with the reading.

The art does have a woodcut look, I really love the look. I say dark, because the drawings themselves are dark or black ink, and the only light is from the white background, but not dark like depressed. (well, I suppose depressed could be a description, but funky, sexy depressed would be more precise).

If I were a millionaire, I would buy this deck for you both, so we could talk endlessly about it, and have a study group too! I just looove it, and I didn't really expect to.

And those mirror images are even more cool in readings than you would believe!

Perhaps you are right about the mooning Star!! She's great. :D

Little Baron

Never seen that deck before. They look great and the colouring really comes alive when you put them together as you did in the second link.

Wasn't expecting them to be so graphic but I like them, all the same.

Thanks for shaing.

LB