Fairy Ring Oracle - Robin Goodfellow - 7th Card

LilRed

Card: Robin Goodfellow
Court: Summer Court, Knave

We peek into a summer scene of a young man with horns playing on what looks to be an Irish penny whistle, his torso blends into two hooves that are sitting cross legged in the lotus position. He is surrounded by vegetation and looks to be deep into the forest.

Robin Goodfellow is a quite well known mischievous English Fairy who is found in Shakespearer's A Midsummer's Night Dream where he is also known as Puck.
(For those interested, he enters A Midsummer's Night Dream in Act II Scene I and the quote in the book can be found as the second time Fairy speaks in that act.)

Robin Goodfellow is a well known trickster, appearing as a pony, hare, or a will o' the wisp, he is never seen between Halloween (Samhain), and the vernal equinox. He has the head of a handsome boy and the feet of a goat, small horns on his hand and carries musical pipes with which he bewitches humans.

Among Shakespeare's Puck Robin Goodfellow is suggested as synonymous with the horned God Cernunnoos, or Robin Hood as a spirit or God of the forest. He is known for having a very lusty nature and enjoying seducing young human girls when he is not being a trickster.

Divination meanings: He heralds fun, good-hearted mischief, adventures in the offing, new experiences, entertainment and
celebrations. Being a member of the Court he may represent a real person in your life, a young man who is fearless, witty, impetuous, unpredictable, and always ready for excitement. Quick-tempered but hates injustice of any kind and will speak out against it.

Reversed meanings: Delays, postponements, minor irritations, and perhaps legal problems. Reversed he may indicate a young man in your life that is narrow-minded, bigoted, argumentive, and a lover of opposition.

In the book is an exercise for working with Robin Goodfellow.

ncefafn

Cernunnos-boy, Pan-man, has somehow gotten his goat legs crossed into lotus position and is playing his tin whistle. He has horns coming out the top of his head, though what kind of horns I'm not sure, never having met a goat. Flowers bloom in the greenery around him, and I can almost hear the shurry sound of his flute or pipe or whistle. His crossed legs also conveniently block out his other instrument.

Even though it's full summer, that forest glade looks so cool, and the flowers would make a lovely bed to lie down on while I listen to his music. Yeah, I think I could hang out with him.

Ahem.

Sorry, got carried away there.

Well, the book meaning is much more innocent than what I gathered from looking at this picture. I take him as a seducer, but much more benevolent than the Garconer (who I realize we've yet to discuss). I get the impression that Robin Goodfellow is just pure sexuality, without any of the sticky emotional issues. He's a good time, a roll in the flowers, a game of slap and tickle. I imagine that a fair amount of girls blamed their unexpected pregnancies on this fellow . . .

Oh, I was just walking in the woods one day, when I heard the sound of a flute. I started to get all dizzy, and when I came to, my skirt was up over my face!

Kim

purple_scorp

Beware the horny man of the forest!!!

I'm sorry guys but when I look at this card (which also graces the front of the book) I can't help but think Robin Goodfellow is in fact a Sagittarian. And whenever I think of Saggi men the word "BEWARE" flashes in neon lights in my third eye.

So, this half-man, half-hoofed, bare-chested creature sits cross-legged in the middle of a forest. At a quick glance, he looks as though he's popping up out of a log. He plays a middle d note on a piccolo (at least that is what the equivalent note would be if it were played on a recorder). :)

Now, what does he use that piccolo for? Sagittarians are renowned for wandering around aimlessly, and being footloose and fancy-free. I'm wondering if he uses this piccolo like the Pied Piper. He plays his middle d (MD) and lures the female faery folk into his lair. And maybe MD is code for something else. Could it mean Man Deviant, Mr Dipstick, Medium Density (as in fibreboard, as in wood, as in thick as a plank), My Dinner, Mostly Ducklike, Medieval Dictator, or perhaps even Mindless Dork.

All I know is when I look at him, I think, he's not all that!

Now, to the book.....and this should be good (cos I'm guessing it's nothing like what I've mentioned).

OMG - I was kind of right. I can't believe it, lol. This is my biggest shock yet. It even mentions the word wanderer. Score one for purple_scorp!!!

p_s

purple_scorp

ncefafn said:
His crossed legs also conveniently block out his other instrument.
Yeah, but not if you look at the front of the book. Attention is drawn to his other instrument area by way of a circle/ring.

ncefafn said:
Even though it's full summer, that forest glade looks so cool, and the flowers would make a lovely bed to lie down on while I listen to his music. Yeah, I think I could hang out with him.
Kim, Kim *p_s slaps ncefafn to bring her out of her ridiculous dazed moment.
Run. Run, I tell you. You want nothing to do with this Sagittarian.

p_s

ncefafn

purple_scorp said:
Kim, Kim *p_s slaps ncefafn to bring her out of her ridiculous dazed moment.
Run. Run, I tell you. You want nothing to do with this Sagittarian.

p_s

Aw, Mom, can't I just play with him for a little while? :p

Kim

purple_scorp

Well of course you can, Kim, my dear child. Just don't touch him, cos you never know where he's been!!!

p_s :)