Feeling connected to a certain card

Dream-edge

This is probably in the wrong area. If so, then please feel free to move it.

About two weeks ago, I got the Mystic Dreamer Deck. It's my first deck and the more and more I use it, the more I feel drawn to the Justice card. I can't figure out why. When I first got the deck, it was just another card. But the more I see it, in readings or when I'm reorganizing the deck, the more important it feels to me. A few days ago I actually stopped in the middle of putting the deck away in order to stare at the card. Just stared. For about 10 minutes.

Has anyone else ever felt such a connection to just one card out of their entire deck? Is it just me? What does this mean? This is actually starting to spook me.

Manda

Justice could be an important theme in your life right now, or another symbol on the card could be catching your eye. Try meditating on it and ask the figure in the card.

Justice is associated with the zodiac sign Libra. You might check what you have in Libra in your chart and see if anything resonates for you.

At various times I have frequently felt connected to a card, for different reasons. Lately The Star from my Druidcraft has become quite the little stalker, but at least she is a welcome one, unlike my Five of Pentacles from last year. I think she wants me to know she's here and not to give up hope, even if there is no immediate resolution ready.

Welcome to AT and to tarot!

Sinduction

I would pull it out of the deck and do a reading about why it's drawing you in! :D

I've had the opposite problem, where the Wheel was stalking me last year. It wasn't just one deck, it showed up in every reading I did! I finally pulled it out of a deck and then did a reading on why it wouldn't leave me alone. The cards pretty much told me that I was just stuck in a cycle and had to wait it out, which did come to pass.

That might help you.

Raindance

In my Connolly Tarot deck, I'm drawn to the Magician. So much so, that, last year, I had to get the deck right away. I think it's fun to be attracted to a card. It reveals something about yourself--something you want to see more of.

*wink*

Good luck!

Nickigirl

Hhhhmmmmmm.....
I've been noticing for a while now that I'm really drawn to the Devil cards in my decks and vaguely wondered why. It came up as my card to study for Mary Greer's 21 ways to read Tarot. (I'm still on way 2 lol)
I'll have to do a reading about it! :)

Moona

When I bought my first tarot deck I fell in love with the Star. I even took a photo of it with my cell phone´s camera and used it as a background picture in the phone for a long time, just to be able to see it whenever I wanted. It ment hope and recovery for me then. Other Stars haven´t made such an impression on me.

shiresun

Greetings Dream-edge. I just did a 'Discovery' reading last night the spread for which can be found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2349855#post2349855

I wouldn't be at all surprised if your card showed up in one of the positions.

Meanwhile, last night I got really drawn into one of the cards from my reading to the point where I just couldn't stop staring at it for the longest time. I want to try the reading where you can 'enter' a card, to see what I see.

There is also, from the Rachel Pollack book, "Tarot Wisdom" a spread for The Justice card. There are two in fact; one a 'Wisdom' reading for Justice, and one a 'Personal' reading for Justice (and any of the cards; each Major has its own reading included at the end of its chapter). Let me know if you'd like me to PM those spreads to you. I'm going to check with the Spreads Mod to see if there are any problems with posting Rachel's spread in that forum.

Peace,

Shire