Fenestra Tarot: Chariot - sexual ?

Reverie

I'm looking at the Fenestra chariot and... there is something about decks that present the horses driving the chariot as women... Doesn't this seem extremely sexual to you? It gives the card a macho feel... I almost wonder if it gives the chariot a more unique meaning.

For those of you who have this deck, what has the chariot come up for? I could also see this to represent a threesome (in appropriate situations). I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm not sure where to post this thread, by the way.

Bluna

At first glance I thought the horses driving the chariot are women. However, after looking carefully I found that the right one may be a man.

Myrrha

What I love about the Fenestra is that it follows the RWS pattern but most of the cards are more emotional which makes the readings easier and more helpful.

The flames that surround the driver and the two sphinx-women pulling the chariot suggest passion and drive. the Chariot is like that because it is when you feel something with intensity or want something very badly that you have the drive that the card depicts.

the Fenestra is not the first deck to suggest that the drive depicted in the Chariot has a relationship to erotic passion. In the Waite-Smith deck there is a schematic drawing of a nut and a bolt on the front of the chariot. this could be seen as a veiled reference to sexuality, getting at the same idea.

The women pulling the Fenestra Chariot wear the headress worn by Egyptian pharoes. To me this symbolizes that the driver has to control his intellect as well as his passion. Intellect and passion have to work together. One woman is blue and one is red. The hot and the cold have to be made to wok together. When you want to rush out headstrong and when you want to hang back afraid or uncertain. You have to manage your conflicting impulses to be successful in getting what you so passionately want.