First reading...

Kittaine

Yep, you never forget your first. I didn't record this, but the image and the order of the cards are still fairly crisp in my head. This reading was for another person. He asked how his sister felt when he called her before he was to go to a battlefield in South Africa.

4 of Pentacles
4 of Wands (7 of Wands)
The Moon

Is this what I think it is? Was there big-time deception, seeing that there are two moons (one in the 4 of Wands) and all? The guy told me that his sister just cried and bawled. But could it have been all just acting...? The 7 of Wands says that there was still some conflict between the siblings.

Alissa

I had a different first reaction to the cards you mentioned, and then I went and got my deck to layout the same ones, and I think it backs up what my gut said.

The four of pentacles. This is the sister, and she wishes to hold on to him. A part of her just wants to "close her eyes" to the whole situation, deny it's happening. She wants to hold on to what she has, where she believes it is most safe.

The four of wands. Two fours! Fours suggest the square, stability. Here I see the sister "holding down the fort" until he returns. She feels like she has two homes... her own, and then their mutual families' (perhaps their parents) who both need her care. She is reaching in both directions to help both at once, a feat of inner strength, and manages to hold the situation up alone, although torn by her efforts.

The 7 of wands is the brother, going to the battlefield. Here he senses he will face many "faceless" enemies. Notice the wands are present, but not who or what holds the wands aloft. His attacker is yet unknown. Also, he has a personal battle in the choice he made to join this effort. This is an outlet for him that he feels he needs, at this time, I think.

Lastly, the Moon. The card's image suggests, to me, a reunion between a male and female. Although the image here is more sexual in innuendo, I think it refers to the sister waiting for her brother's safe return. He goes out under the strange influence of the Moon, which sometimes clouds our best judgment. Hers too. She is waiting for him to fly back though, and rejoin them.

Just a few thoughts I had when I pulled the cards, in case they are of help!

Aren't these cards amazing though? You're right, you don't forget your first. ;)