For my dead Aunt Jo

canid

I probably should chew on this a bit longer, but it's just too cool! I used the Arcus Arcanum (Thanks, greatdane! Love it!), with no positional meanings. I often do readings for the dead, the spiritual world in general, guides, etc. This was such a powerful reading.

Shadow card - Ace of Wands
The Moon-Judgment-The Empress-Ace of Cups-Ace of Swords-The Wheel-The Lovers-Temperance

My aunt Jo (Joette) played a very large part in my upbringing because I lived with her & my uncle Howard whenever my mother was hospitalized due to schizophrenia. Aunt Jo passed away from breast cancer when I was nine, & I was with her.

She's transcended the often unenlightened astral plain but yet she purposely remains there, in between worlds, to fulfill her calling of being a guide here in mundania. She still plays a very large part in my life, providing my visions & bridging the gap for me. The Ace of Cups is the psychic opening for dreams & visions while the Ace of Swords, also providing communications, gives the discernment to tell falseness from truth. The Ace of Wands represents Aunt Jo as a torch which guides me thru the dark days & throws those intuitive seeds my way so I don't wallor or stagnate. I think the Wheel is our karma & fate together, possibly over many lifetimes & cycles, constantly moving & expanding until we become united again in the inner world. Regardless, there is a profound soul communication & union. Many of these cards can refer to reincarnation also, the life cycle: Judgment, the Empress, the Wheel, the Moon as the astral plane, the Lovers as soul communication & merging not only personalities but worlds...

What am I missing?

Marcia959

All majors and Aces. I hear that song from A Chorus Line playing..."...one singular sensation and you can forget the rest...." I think Aunt Jo wants you to know that You're the One! And also, to remember the beginnings of things, the essence of things and don't be afraid to start something new.

canid

I know! I don't think I've ever had all majors & aces, so this is profound. Remember the beginnings of things...hmmm...you know, I have more memories of her than anyone else from when I was young. I can even vividly remember before I could walk, when my entire body fit on a bed pillow to be rocked. I wonder if she's simply (yeah, right, simply) reinforcing to me that she's 'there' or if there's another message. But then, I didn't ask for a message, I asked how she is doing. Thank you!

Aladdin

Canid,
That was a beautiful reading which i found very peaceful and can't add anything more to.

starrystarrynight

I don't think you're missing anything...

I love that the ace that didn't appear was the Pentacle ace--what you have with Aunt Jo now cannot be touched; it is not tangible in what we know as the "real physical-plane world", but is, instead, faith-oriented.

The two mother cards--Moon and Empress...

The karmic cards--Justice, Wheel...

The Lovers for the close soul relationship you had/have that transcends physical death...

Temperance for the blending of energies between this world and the next...

It is all so fitting.

canid

starrystarrynight said:
I love that the ace that didn't appear was the Pentacle ace--what you have with Aunt Jo now cannot be touched; it is not tangible in what we know as the "real physical-plane world", but is, instead, faith-oriented.

The two mother cards--Moon and Empress...

The karmic cards--Justice, Wheel...

The Lovers for the close soul relationship you had/have that transcends physical death...

Temperance for the blending of energies between this world and the next...

It is all so fitting.

OMG Yes! That didn't occur to me (Ace Pents), which one was missing. Thank you so much starry! You know, I haven't shuffled this deck yet, I keep going back to it it's so special. I noticed something yesterday on Judgment - the figure (not an angel, no wings hee hee) is penetrating some kind of curtain or force field in the sky, also appropriate here. That is also where a rainbow begins (or ends?).

greatdane

Great Reading, Canid!

I'm so happy for you! Remember when I pmd you and said I WOULDN'T open and would leave sealed, as it was YOUR deck? I was right, yes?! :)))

I knew the Arcus wasn't for me, yet it's more for you than I even figured!

Blessings and may you get many, many more great readings with it!

GD

canid

greatdane said:
I'm so happy for you! Remember when I pmd you and said I WOULDN'T open and would leave sealed, as it was YOUR deck? I was right, yes?! :)))

I knew the Arcus wasn't for me, yet it's more for you than I even figured!

Blessings and may you get many, many more great readings with it!

GD

Yes, you were right, I like this deck more than I expected. Especially now. I usually use the Gilded or Spirit World for, erm, spirit contact, but it's not set in stone. I don't know why, I just do. That list has now been expanded, although any deck would do, I know. Thank you!