Freemasons, Tarot & another movie

seven stars

The producers of The Legend of Cooley Moon are making a second movie & they've asked to use my cards in the new movie & asked if I would do some Tarot consulting. I'm not an expert in anything, definitely not Freemasonry, but I do know there is a lot of masonic imagery in Tarot & a little of Levi & a few other's connection with Tarot & Masons & the occult.

I'm interested in helping them out (obviously, & honored). If anyone here has more knowledge about Freemasonry & Tarot, of spreads or anything else of interest, you might message me. I'd be happy to either pass your name along to these people or relay whatever info if you don't want to get involved.

If time permits, I would like to make a special deck for the movie with a lot more masonic symbolism that has the same vintage look of the DOB. I noticed there is a Masonic Tarot but after seeing the actual deck I can see why it wouldn't be condusive to a scary movie tarot deck. I think I could work something up that would be more visually appropriate.

Advice on imagery? Masonic spreads? I'm very excited to work with a movie using one of my decks but it might be better to steer them toward one of you with more expertise.

The other movie that's using my deck isn't about Masons, it's a love story tarot documentary.

Mycroft

Here's a link to Yasha Beresiner's page on Masonic Playing Cards, it might be worth dropping him an email;

http://www.intercol.co.uk/masonic-playing-cards-by-yasha-beresiner/

Also, a good film to watch which contains plenty of Freemasonry and sinister imagery is From Hell (2001) starring Johnny Depp. Loosely based on the graphic novel by Alan Moore, it follows the notion that the Freemasons were behind the Jack The Ripper killings. Murder by Decree (1979) starring Christopher Plummer follows pretty much the same tack.

Richard

You might enjoy Inspector Morse 15: Masonic Mysteries, part of a British TV series. Masons are often associated with diabolical conspiracy theories. It's fun stuff, and there are all sorts of sinister symbols used in Masonry, like the skull and crossbones, and coffins, and wicked looking swords and stuff, which encourages all sorts of evil associations. The truth about the Freemasons is not nearly so diabolical or romantic, but I certainly don't blame the movie makers for wanting to exploit it. Have fun!

Apparently many leading patriots of the American Revolution were Freemasons, which may account for some of the English negativity toward the fraternity.