fundies are at it again?

Musicman

found this link today, and though I don't much about the case i wanted to know what you though especially our english members as they would know more whether all of this is true or not.

http://www.saff.connectfree.co.uk/ttorso2.htm

blessed be
joe

Emily

I haven't really followed the case but it was in the news again yesterday. They have named the torso Adam, it was of a young African boy around 5 years old and from pollen found on the remains the police think that this young child might have come in from South Africa only days before he died. Nelson Mandela has made an appeal for African people to come forward if they know who this child might be.
You might try a search on British papers concerning this case, I'm not sure why the police think this could be a ritual killing and not just murder unless they are keeping something back and know more than they are letting on. Hope this helps.

Kiama

I read a bit about the 1990 hoaxes. I cannot believe that the police force is taken on my such superstitious claims. Just goes to show that even though we say we are objective, even though we say religious freedom is paramount, it isn't true in pratice.

Kiama

Malachite

I've been following this one a bit...
The reason that they think its ritual is that it follows the pattern of murders in the RSA...the torso was wrapped in a cloth inscribed with a bantu-language 'spell', including a sentence repeated three times....
Either way, there is a BIG problem in RSA with children being kidnapped, murdered and dismembered, and their bodyparts being sold on the black market to witch-doctors for Muti spells...

The worrying thing is the liberal use of the phrase 'witchcraft'...

Hmmm...just read that essay...and I'm wondering how much of either side is true, and how much is staunch denial. the SAFF piece seems a little too involved to be objective, and very biased towards the black cultural side. Perhaps its fair...on the other hand, I'd rather trust the bbc, since I can usually read where their bias is pretty well....