Gee, I don't know what the heck to title this...

canid

I haven't tried this yet, just thought of it, but I'm gonna have fun with it! A brief explanation - the Enochian/Angelic alphabet have corresponding tarot majors & each Enochian letter has a corresponding English (see my chart) letter translation. So, I was thinking, I'm going to just use my majors in a spread, & decipher the English letters that go with that particular major. I'm not explaining this well. If you look at the chart, I think you'll get it. Perhaps it's a way to have things actually 'spelled out' so to speak, like a ouija board, only with the majors. I'll let you know what happens, or try it yourself. I'm curious.

Attachments

• enochianenglish.jpg
    enochianenglish.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 116

Rosanne

Thank you for the abjad (alphabet without vowels) of the angelic language.
It strikes me this is exactly what the Hebrew alphabet is and within the Kabbalah you can do exactly this.

Sort of like the keypad on the telephone- numbers spell words. Interestingly the word FUN is the Heirophant and Death :D :eek:

~Rosanne

Milfoil

Yes, there are definate correlations with alphabets even earlier than Aramaic too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Canaanite_alphabet

Strikes me that some correspondances I would question but hey - what does that matter?

Sounds intriguing as a divination system, choosing majors cards to correspond with letters which should spell out an answer.

Niklas Zweig

Hello canid,

well, on the left of your table are simply hebrew letters. It's a nice idea to try and form words out of the cards you draw. Be sure to check the permutations, too.

Of course you can read the cards that together make up some question/word. But these are naturally only major arcana and I think readings out of major aracana only are a bit strange.

It's quite useful to see that in Kabbalah every hebrew letter is associated with a wealth of other things, based on the content as an image, or as a number or as a letter. These associations are sometimes congruent with what the Tarot cards show, sometimes these symbols contradict or extend each other.

Have fun
Niklas

canid

I was thinking more along the lines of asking for names, ie your guides, not necessary entire conversations. Although you never know, I guess.

cardlady22

Don't forget acronyms!

Niklas Zweig

canid: Ah, names, I see. Well, you don't get vowels and you can't be sure what the correct sequence is. It's propably hard. Translation into latin letters / English language is possibly not going to make it easier.

cardlady22: I think acronyms might be a good hint. At least considering words beginning with the letters present, even if it will not result in a set and wellknown acronym.

Niklas

basilikon

Hi, all,
I just kind of stumbled into this thread, but I do have something to contribute :)

Whenever I use the Hebrew letter associations of the Tarot majors to render a word or clue, I always use the language of the letters themselves. I don't try to spell words in English or some other language. If one is to try extracting significant information such as this, then I should think one to be consistent with regard to the language. Extracting English words or clues would necessitate having an English/Latin letter association with each Tarot major.

Incidentally, here is the parallel of Hebrew to Latin letters based on what I know of Hebrew (which is more than insubstantial):

א
 Alef - A
ב
 Beth - B, V
ג
 Gimel - G
ד
 Daleth - D
ה
 He - H
ו
 Waw - W
ז
 Zayin - Z
ח
 Heth - Ch (as in Bach or Loch, not an English ch as in church)
ט
 Teth - T
י
 Yodh - I, Y
כ
 Kaf - K
ל
 Lamedh - L
מ
 Mem - M
נ
 Nun - N
ס
 Samekh - X
ע
 Ayin - O
פ
 Peh - P, F
צ
 Tsaddi - C (there isn't really an English parallel, but phonetically some Eastern European languages render their "c" as a stopped-S sound like this letter)
ק
 Quf - Q
ר
 Resh - R
ש
 Shin - S, Sh
ת
 Taw - T, Th

Shabbat Shalom!