Goddesses and Sirens/ Gods and Titans - Aus. Vs. U.S.

Juliana

Does anyone have any opinions on which version of the Goddesses and Sirens (or Gods and Titans) they prefer? I've heard that the U.S. version has a nicer back design and additional deities, which sounds great! But cheap card stock is my pet peeve and it sounds like the U.S. version has that too. If you have handled both versions and have a preference, I would love to hear it. Or if you just have one, I'd love to hear your opinions too!

Glass Owl

YouTuber Owlmoon513 has videos that feature both sets of decks.

I personally own the Australian versions and I really enjoy them. But after seeing the new backs, brighter coloring, etc I wish I had the US versions. Also, with the Australian versions, the Gods and Titans' Apollo card was added as a bonus to the Goddesses and Sirens deck - he wasn't in the Australian Gods and Titans deck. So while it's nice to have to have him, he isn't in the guidebook. Oh, Odin was also added to the US version. I think there be more additions but I can't recall.

meeka4monty

Hi Juliana,

I sat with this question for about a year and a half before making my decision. I didn't know what was worse - design qualms or paper quality.

I chose the US versions to buy because of the additional goddesses and gods included, which are meaningful to me and because of the revamped design of both the card backs and colours. However, I didn't know if I'd hate the decks when they were actually in my hands due to the paper quality. And I have to say, yes, the quality IS thin but I like the decks nonetheless, I shuffle them easily and that's about it. I just treat them like thin decks that are not to be shoved around or thrown into my bag without a box. And yet, they haven't warped at all.

What helped my decision making was that I had bought the US version of the Oracle of the Shapeshifters due to the fact that Aus version to me, was full of design inconsistencies and card image lifting. I was upset. And even though the US version had this same thinner card stock, I love the US version. (I know that they've rereleased the Oracle of the Shapeshifters Aus version and I'm guessing it was for these reasons I've mentioned?) My point is, the thinner card stock is different/thinner but the deck images are so much more consistent and that's what matters for me above all.

I hope this helps with you with your decision and working out what's most important for you too!

Mariqueen

I have the U.S. versions and I LOVE them and use them frequently. The only issue I have with the decks are the backs of the gods are a silver color and the back of the goddesses are gold and they really should be the other way around for obvious reasons and it annoys me to no end -_-

Scarlet Woodland

YouTuber Owlmoon513 has videos that feature both sets of decks.

I second this vid rec. She has a great video on there that helped me decide... I went with the US version due to the extra cards and the fact the backs didn't look like dodgy computer game merchandise! The card stock is thin, but in a way I'm quite glad, as combining the two I'd never have been able to shuffle them otherwise.