greenwood deck

Luna's Crone

i really like that greenwood deck. I am thinking its out of print and no one can find it. oh well.

what did you like or dislike about for those who had/have it.

danieljuk

It's my top deck on my dream wishlist but you know hopefully I have many years of my life left and many years to get it sometime! So I am in no hurry and I am sure it will appear when the time is right.

I think it's just the wonderful artwork for me which matches it's celtic theme and European mythology perfectly. I just like the artwork!

Mi-Shell has a website for the deck after the artist Chesca Potter disappeared but she gave permission for a scan of the deck. So you can print the pdf on her site and get a copy of the cards or send it to a printer to make them for you. Her Greenwood site is here. So it's possible to make your own copy of it if you can't afford the prices or just get randomly lucky :)

celticnoodle

:* Bless you, Daniel!!! I didn't know this! I'm off to explore that now!!! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!!!

danieljuk

oh it's my pleasure CN!
there is an old thread right over here about how you can print it!
I forgot to say, you can only print it for your personal use, that is terms of it being offered :)

celticnoodle

oh it's my pleasure CN!
there is an old thread right over here about how you can print it!
I forgot to say, you can only print it for your personal use, that is terms of it being offered :)

of course. I'd never print and re-sell. But, sadly, I just finished copying the book also for this and the fives aren't found.

So, if anyone out there can share the meaning for the set of fives in this deck from the book, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

oops! I found it now here on Mi-shells site: https://voicewithinthecards.wordpress.com/greenwood-tarot-book/

very interesting reading there too, if you are interested in knowing more about the artist and the deck too.

FLizarraga

i really like that greenwood deck. I am thinking its out of print and no one can find it. oh well.

what did you like or dislike about for those who had/have it.

I printed it out using the resources mentioned above, and tried studying it. I do love the wonderful art, and Chesca Potter's thoroughly thought, profound system, but it is not a reading deck for me.

Studying this deck and other Tarot decks without human or at least anthropomorphized figures, such as the Wild Unknown, I came to the conclusion that I cannot read with them, whatever their merits may be. Well, at least not beyond parroting meanings learned by rote. The spark just isn't there for me.

Luna's Crone

I printed it out using the resources mentioned above, and tried studying it. I do love the wonderful art, and Chesca Potter's thoroughly thought, profound system, but it is not a reading deck for me.

Studying this deck and other Tarot decks without human or at least anthropomorphized figures, such as the Wild Unknown, I came to the conclusion that I cannot read with them, whatever their merits may be. Well, at least not beyond parroting meanings learned by rote. The spark just isn't there for me.

that's a shame you can't connect. at least not right now. but a time will come. spend as much time as you can in parks especially state and federal parks. don't force yourself to learn or notice. but just sit and absorb. I ride my horse. and sit and contemplate or draw when i can. That is when Gaia is at her best for me. like she is posing. LOL

Luna's Crone

It's my top deck on my dream wishlist but you know hopefully I have many years of my life left and many years to get it sometime! So I am in no hurry and I am sure it will appear when the time is right.

I think it's just the wonderful artwork for me which matches it's celtic theme and European mythology perfectly. I just like the artwork!

Mi-Shell has a website for the deck after the artist Chesca Potter disappeared but she gave permission for a scan of the deck. So you can print the pdf on her site and get a copy of the cards or send it to a printer to make them for you. Her Greenwood site is here. So it's possible to make your own copy of it if you can't afford the prices or just get randomly lucky :)

i couldn't find the pdf but i did copy and paste what she wrote about the cards.