GTs: Which layout

Aster Breo

Which GT layout do you prefer and why?

Village Witch

I use the 4x9. I find it easier to read when it comes to corners, knighting, and mirroring. I read the middle vertical line as the core theme of the spread. Perhaps it's OCD, but the 4x8 never appealed to me.

Padma

I like the 4 x 8 - those last four cards are always very interesting, and always a kind of sum total of what is most important...well, that is how it seems to me!

Barleywine

I agree with Padma. It's the "8x4+4" for me. There are a number of insightful ways to handle the four additional cards (for example, as "destiny" or "fate" cards) that I find useful as an augmentation of the main thrust of the reading.

kalliope

I first learned the 9x4 back when Melissa Hill had her Lenormand 101 course, so that's my default. And she used to have a great online GT generator that was 9x4, and I used that a lot. And I read a lot of blogs initially by people influenced by the Treppner family, and they use this version.

I have nothing against the 8x4+4, though, and use it when I'm trying to work through a GT in the style of a teacher who uses it.