Handwriting samples of Waite or Smith?

agviz

Anyone know of any online examples or analysis of handwriting by Arthur Waite or Pamela Coleman Smith? I'm no expert on handwriting analysis, but I'd be curious to see their writing style. I guess the same question could be posed regarding Crowley and Harris.

Zephyros

I don't know about Waite or Smith, but extensive correspondence exists between Crowley and Harris. I can't find photographed copies just now, only the text, but a Google search should do it. Also, there is the actual manuscript of the Book of the Law

http://hermetic.com/legis/xxxi/1-1.html

It is quite hastily written, obviously.

tarotbear

In the book in the Centennial Pamela deck I think there is a copy of her letter where she wrote 'A lot of work for little money.'

Grizabella

What an interesting idea! That would really be fascinating, wouldn't it? Maybe some examples can be unearthed by somebody during this thread and maybe there might even be someone who does handwriting analysis who can enlighten us. :)

Thanks for bringing it up. I'll watch what happens. :)

agviz

What an interesting idea! That would really be fascinating, wouldn't it? Maybe some examples can be unearthed by somebody during this thread and maybe there might even be someone who does handwriting analysis who can enlighten us. :)

Thanks for bringing it up. I'll watch what happens. :)

Well glad to hear it interests you too! I suppose we could use the help of a handwriting expert. Thanks closrapexa and tarotbear for those tips; this untrained eye will peruse them. :D