Help with this reading.

numbrel

I have only been studying Tarot for a month now. I have had good luck reading by just looking at the cards. I read the LWB and accompanying book after I determine what the cards say to me so that I can learn more about them and to flesh-out my reading.

However, I just can't get anything out of this 5 card spread. Maybe I'm too close since its my husband who asked about his job search.

Spread: -----1--2--3---
----------4------------8
-------------5--6--7---
1-self/querent - 4coins(reversed)
2-present situation - 7swords
3-challenges/opportunities- The Hermit
4-past - 3swords
5-present -Sun
6-hidden - Ace of Coins
7-advise - Chariot
8-potential outcome - 4swords

I usually tie querent, present situation and present together and the other meanings fall into place. But I just can't figure out how the 4coins reversed goes with the Sun.

thanks for any help.

numbrel

faunabay

numbrel,
to me the 4 of coins/pentacles is a hording card. Hording money, emotions, etc. Not letting anyone else have any. Since yours is reversed I'd say it is pointing out that maybe your husband is too giving in his job. Are the others taking and not giving in return (7 swords)?
Though with the Sun in the present position I'd say your husband is getting joy out of it but not much else.
That's what I see from those 3 cards - humbly offered. Let's see what others have to say. (I'll be reading too :) )

Mojo

Overall, I would say this reading is telling your husband that he needs to be patient and perhaps do some more research and maybe even some soul searching.

He probably feels like he is being taken advantage of in his present situation and he's really tired of the status quo. I think that the Sun card in that position is saying he has come to some decisions that he probably feels pretty good about, but the Hermit in challenges/opportunities and particularly the 4 of Swords in outcome suggest that he needs to really take some time and look more closely at what he really needs as opposed to what he thinks he wants.

I would suggest paying really close attention to the advice card - the Chariot. It is saying to make sure he is in control of the situation. This would say to me that he needs to watch for the right opportunity and not make any moves until he is absolutely sure that the direction is 100% right. The reversed 4 of coins here is saying that he is probably willing to make some sacrifices for a change, but the rest of the cards are advising against that.

numbrel

faunabay, you got it! He is a great "team player" although its not appreciated. If it has to get done and no one else wants to do it, he does it.

numbrel