Her intensions with him?

GoodnessGracious

Upon request I did a reading for a male friend of mine because he wanted to know what a female's intentions are with him. They have been involved for a few months, but nothing serious. From the get go there has been shadiness and things that don't add up from her side - and her ex boyfriend has been very present even though they (she) supposedly broke up several months ago.

Question: What are her intentions with him?
9 of Pentacles / 10 of Pentacles / 5 of Cups / Queen of Cups / 6 of Wands
(Illuminati, no positions, no reversed)

Okay, so I see the 9 of Pentacles as her singlehood and independence after the ending of a long-term relationship (10 of Pentacles) which she is still grieving (5 of Cups). But I am not so sure about the Queen of Cups + 6 of Wands. I have a few different interpretations: that she still loves her ex (Queen of Cups) and wants him to make his best effort to win her back (6 of Wands). Or because she's on the rebound from the 5 of Cups, she wants my friend to make her feel good and give her attention and admiration which she craves (Queen of Cups + 6 of Wands). This would fit, because she loves all the attention, support and comfort that my friend is giving her, yet she doesn't give much in return. Or -- best case scenario, she does have feelings (Queen of Cups) for my friend and wants to make them a success (6 of Wands).

Hmm...

What do you think?

DDwarks

I'm reading this as someone who seemed have it all and yet was lonely(9 Pents/ 10 Pents) which turned out to be not enough for her (5 of Cups)
What she had was material stability and comfort showed by the Pentacles.

What she wants from your friend is to feel like a woman again (Q of Cups)

The 6 of Wands as victory IMO is linked to the Pentacles of the past. The past was material rather than emotional. By that I mean that she was taken care of but not appreciated as a woman or as human being with feelings.

The Quint is Empress here. She intents on having her emotional needs being met.
I don't see any malice here, just someone on a mission to get what she feels she deserves x

GoodnessGracious

I'm reading this as someone who seemed have it all and yet was lonely(9 Pents/ 10 Pents) which turned out to be not enough for her (5 of Cups)
What she had was material stability and comfort showed by the Pentacles.

What she wants from your friend is to feel like a woman again (Q of Cups)

The 6 of Wands as victory IMO is linked to the Pentacles of the past. The past was material rather than emotional. By that I mean that she was taken care of but not appreciated as a woman or as human being with feelings.

The Quint is Empress here. She intents on having her emotional needs being met.
I don't see any malice here, just someone on a mission to get what she feels she deserves x

A completely new perspective on the cards - I like it! As I read your entry, I do see how you'd interpret it as such. I don't know much about her past relationship, so I can't comment on that. I do hope that your interpretation of the reading is closer to the truth than mine, since he is my friend and I want the best for him - like a potential partner who is honest and genuine. However, considering what I know about their interactions and her behaviour, it's not strange that I reached the conclusion that I did. There's still definitely a rebound vibe to it, but it might not be malicious as you say. Perhaps she's just misrepresenting herself, I don't know... Only time will tell! Thank you DDwarks.

Saskia

Question: What are her intentions with him?
(Illuminati, no positions, no reversed)

Given that all of these cards answer "what are her intentions with him" (and not what are her intentions with the ex), I'd say:

She likes her independence and is after stability, perhaps financial or material. She is disappointed with him and can't quite control her emotions, she's fluctuating from one state to another, blowing hot and cold. She feels she has succeeded by conquering him, and he might be a bit of an ego booster for her.

10 Pents could mean she's looking for permanence with him, but there's not a lot of love cards here. 9 Pents as the first card tells me she likes to do as she pleases and is not willing to give up her independence. 5 Cups is the first emotions card and it shows disappointment. Things have not been as fulfilling for her as she had hoped. Or, she's rebouncing from the past disappointment and is still coming to terms with all the emotional instability (QoC).

10 Pents and 6 Wands together make me think of conquer, she thinks she's scored a provider or a stable partner, but that's not a very loving thought.

I think people know much more about their relationship than they admit/realise. Your friend probably knows if this looks like a good deal for him based on what's been going on so far. Maybe you could do a spread together about the likely future, or what your friend really feels, and then he could address that?

GoodnessGracious

Given that all of these cards answer "what are her intentions with him" (and not what are her intentions with the ex), I'd say:

She likes her independence and is after stability, perhaps financial or material. She is disappointed with him and can't quite control her emotions, she's fluctuating from one state to another, blowing hot and cold. She feels she has succeeded by conquering him, and he might be a bit of an ego booster for her.

This sounds very accurate - especially the "blowing hot and cold" part. She wants it, then she doesn't want it. Very mixed signals. I too get an "ego" vibe from it all. It doesn't mean that it's malicious or otherwise negative, but my friend has been giving her a lot of attention, support and compliments - which she soaks in, but doesn't give much in return.

10 Pents could mean she's looking for permanence with him, but there's not a lot of love cards here. 9 Pents as the first card tells me she likes to do as she pleases and is not willing to give up her independence. 5 Cups is the first emotions card and it shows disappointment. Things have not been as fulfilling for her as she had hoped. Or, she's rebouncing from the past disappointment and is still coming to terms with all the emotional instability (QoC).

I too think that she likes her independence. She has previously stated that she does not want to be in a relationship. All I know is, when men say it, it translates to "I don't want to be in a relationship with you." Don't know about women, though! But she doesn't even want to go on an official date with him (yet doesn't mind spending nights together) and has said that she wants to keep them on the down low...

10 Pents and 6 Wands together make me think of conquer, she thinks she's scored a provider or a stable partner, but that's not a very loving thought.

My friend would make a good provider and a stable partner. He's got his material and financial world in order - a home, a stable and long-term job with good pay, very good finances etc. He is also a very kind (too kind), caring and compassionate person.

I think people know much more about their relationship than they admit/realise. Your friend probably knows if this looks like a good deal for him based on what's been going on so far. Maybe you could do a spread together about the likely future, or what your friend really feels, and then he could address that?

Yes - but love is also blind. When people are infatuated, they want to rationalize and make up excuses for the warning signs. This is the stage that he is at right now. My friend and this girl might have a happy and successful relationship down the road, I don't know that, all we know is that it's not off to a great start. But he makes his own decisions, of course, and if this is what he wants to pursue, then by all means... And yes - I could do another reading for him, if he wishes.

Thanks Saskia!