house of the dead

BrightEye

I dreamt I was in a strange city at night. A voice was guiding me to a large apartment block. The windows were lit up. The voice said 'this is where your father lives now, in number 52' (my father passed away 11 years ago). I rang the bell and was expecting to hear his voice on the intercom. I was both dreading and wishing to hear his voice. And I was going to say 'hello Papa, it's me'. But he didn't say anything. The revolving front door of the building opened though and I went inside. I got lost in the building and didn't find my father's apartment.

The dream continued elsewhere and with a differnt emphasis, but I'm wondering about the above. It felt as if I was really in the other world. I've not had a dream like that for a very long time.

LibraX

Oh wow, interesting dream!

I, personally, have a range of freaky and strage dreams that are usually trying to tell me something. Do you suffer from sleep paralysis/can you Lucid Dream/Night Terrors? Usually you'll find that people who have the most... interesting dreams, suffer or can do one of the above. Who knows why? But I, suffer from both and can Lucid Dream, so sleep is my specialty! :p

Have you been missing your Father recently? Which is the most obvious of the questions... Perhaps his spirit is trying to contact you? Has he ever done so before? Because I don't understand why this would be the first noted time in over ten years. Or perhaps he sent a message to look for a sign, a sign telling you that he'll be around shortly?

Interesting about you feeling as if you were in another world though!

Rede Seeker

An alternative rede

Perhaps after 11 years, your memories of your Father are fading - hence your inability to find his room even though you were able to enter the building.

Glass Owl

Maybe this is a sign that yes, he is around but that the two of you are not connecting or meeting directly for some reason or another.

mza

BrightEye said:
The dream continued elsewhere and with a differnt emphasis, but I'm wondering about the above. It felt as if I was really in the other world. I've not had a dream like that for a very long time.

Perhaps it means your spirit is showing you the reality of death not from our physical and human perspective but from a spiritual one. That there is a separation of the spirit and the physical yet there is still a connection between the two, a continuation of life of who you are essentially. I would interpret you going into that apartment as seeing the other side as you put it,however i think your dread and fear interrupted the rest of the vision/dream. Maybe as someone mentioned you have been thinking of your father a lot without realising and that dream is meant to reassure that his spirit is not cut off completely from you, but when we're in the physical we are very aware of ourselves as just being this body. Its often hard to think of ourselves as first a spirit being with a physical body so that when we encounter death those still alive feel devastated cos life in spirit is incomprehensible.
I believe thats what it is and i hope it comforted you.

BrightEye

I think what might have triggered the dream was that I actually asked my dead father what to do about a certain situation. I imagined myself standing by his grave and asking him. The rest of the dream (which I didn't record in my initial post) was linked to a film in which two lovers die but don't know they're dead.

mza

BrightEye said:
I think what might have triggered the dream was that I actually asked my dead father what to do about a certain situation. I imagined myself standing by his grave and asking him. The rest of the dream (which I didn't record in my initial post) was linked to a film in which two lovers die but don't know they're dead.
Oh interesting film what was it would love to watch it. I'm intrigued by films like that like Just like Heavan with Reese Witherspoon. Strange is'nt it the link between the theme of the film and your asking for guidance from your father. Wish you well, love and light.

MagsStardustBlack

It sounds like consciously or unconsciously you have been missing your dad and you wanted to feel a connection with him. I often dream or my Grandad alot in this way when i miss him and can't quite beleive he is gone from my world, i need to know he is still around and feel close to him. Even though you didn't find your dad in the dream i feel he was letting you know that he hears you and watches over you from the other side, keep thinking of him and you may get more dreams with a stonger connection, maybe even see him next time. I'v seen my grandad sometimes and i always wake up feeling that i have touched spirit and feel comforted. The dream afterwards about the lovers, is to to with love being seperated but still remaining, the connection still remaining, your dad may have been sending that energy to you that although you are apart, your love for each other goes on, and still bonds you together through the earthly plain and the spiritual realm. xxMags.