How do you differentiate?

rachelt

I did a Celtic Cross for a good friend of mine and when I relayed to her regarding this reading, she said that I was telling her of her plans when she potentially departs for employment in China...

My question is, how do you differential future fortune telling from the actual plans of the querent?? Or is the reading the future fortune telling and her plan actually is evident in the coming future?

sorry, this kinda got me confused. thank you so much!

Eco74

I believe that we all make our own lives, and so we can call on certain energies to become present in our lives if we put our minds to it.
Making plans to go to another country would be one of those things, since it both requires a sense of adventure, and calls on it since the plans are being put in motion.

The cards don't only tell us about things we don'w know or are unaware of, but also confirm that we are on the right track or warn that we are heading in the wrong direction when we make plans for our lives.

I also believe that what the cards pick up on are the "energy trends" around us, rather than solid set plans.
Mainly because I'm such a firm believer in our own right to choose and our control over our own lives.

So, a short answer is - I don't differentiate, I see it as pretty much the same thing.
A sort of "here are the energies around you at this time, whether from within yourself or from other sources". Sometimes the cards are very clear on something though, and times like that it can be one or the other, but without clear prompting I just read the cards as they fall and see them as the current energyflows.

And if your friend is spending a lot of time thinking and planning for this trip, it's fairly natural that this is the main issue on her mind, and the most important thing for her to work with at the time, so the cards would focus on it unless a specific question was asked about something different.

full deck

I concur with Eco.