I hate it! I love it! Atavist

CassandraR

So i've been hovering over my keyboard for about a week (I've slept and stuff) unsure to put this out there or not but I don't know why! Maybe because i'm not sure what i'm asking.....

Anyway I brought the Atavist Tarot of eBay and I've never had a deck that I love so much! (ok it's only been a few days but it feels right!) and hate all at the same time. (I mean no disrespect to the lady that made the deck) but how can it have such amazing cards in it (The Devil for instance) but then have the worse cards I've ever seen? (4 of wands)

Oh I don't know! this one has thrown me through a loop! I've just started to read the text that goes along with the deck so i'm hoping that maybe understanding the concept might help.

Does anyone have this deck? How do you feel? I just did a reading with it and it was amazing so I definitely want to stick with it but oh i'm confused such good artwork and then not so much.

Terrible card stock, nice chunky book < see! such love and hate. *Sigh

x

rwcarter

Also bought mine off eBay years ago, but the art doesn't really speak to me. So I haven't tried to use it or get to know it. If time permits this weekend, I'll pull it out and give it another look see.

Chronata

I don't have this deck...but oh do I feel your pain!

This has happened to me with other decks...that have some of my favorite cards EVER...and some weird inexplicable scribbley messes all at the same time!

Focus on what you love...especially if it reads for you beautifully...and the rest won't seem so bad after a while. You may even end up liking the bad cards for the quirky unusual interpretations.
(it can happen!)

CassandraR

Thank you both for your replies. I've gone through the cards and the pile of likes is much bigger than the dislikes so I'm going to focus on that. I do have a tiny pile of creep me out cards but they are beautiful. Lol. I have had decks where one or two cards I don't like so I guess I was confused as it had more than that but Chronata you are right I might end up liking them all. Fingers crossed. X