If the original image is fabric/ mixed media

DeLightFull

how does it become a card? Would I photograph it with a really nice camera? Take it to the copy shop and have them scan it? Anyone been there, done that? Any thoughts are most appreciated!

dimwem

In the instance of a quilt I would use a high resolution camera, maybe take it to a photographer's studio who uses digital photography. What type of fabric? Is it the entire image? Does it need to be represented as fabric in the card?

DeLightFull

Yes, I suppose that I would like it to be clear that the image is made of fabric. Would a nice SLR (is that the right term) digital camera give me the quality I'm after?

yaraluna

depending on the size, you can scan it, adjust with photoshop, and print.

Hannafate

A camera with at least 5 megapixels would be best. You would need to use a tripod, and get as square on to the artwork as possible. Make sure your lighting is bright and even.

If you are not used to photographing artwork for reproduction, it will take some practice to get good, useable images.

Use the highest resolution setting you have.

Hexi

photograph on an overcast day, will give you the best light. see if you can google "goddess guide me" it was all applique and amazing.

DeLightFull

Thank you, everyone :heart:.

DeLightFull

AJ said:
While you are thinking and experimenting here is some eye candy

Oh wow! Isn't it just amazing how talented people are. Some of those quilts are just breathtaking. Thanks for the links, inspiring indeed!