Illuminati court cards

Water Lady

I have just bought this deck which is really beautiful. I am wondering about the court names and order, princess, prince, queen, king
can someone tell me how they relate to the normal
there is no explanation in the book that I can find as to why the names were changed and the order, I don't want to assume that prince is knight and princess is page although it would seem so.
But if that is true can you use all meaning you know for princess of pentacles-page of pentacles?

Water Lady

anyone, did I post in wrong place?

AJ

page knight, queen, king is the standard Rider-Waite order
The titles are very often changed. I'm using Tarot of the Origins this week and it's order is:
Child Animal Woman Man
A lot of nature based decks use animal courts.
Is that what you meant?

edited to correct dumb mistake..

Water Lady

yes, but I thought the RW was
King, Queen, Knight, Page
and I was assuming that knight was prince and page was princess but then not sure because the order seemed different and also thanks for letting me know about meanings.

AJ

you are right, my coffee has kicked in

page knight queen king ... If I can confuse you any more just ask... :)

It is the thoth based decks that use princess, prince, queen, knight and it does make a difference in how the courts are read. But you'll see everything in courts as you move along your journey

moon_light

I'm pretty sure you're right about Princess = Page and Prince = Knight. Besides, if you keep it in that order, you get female, male, female, male, which makes more sense than male, female, female, male. I kind of like that ordering better, but it's not as traditional, I guess.

Water Lady

you are right, my coffee has kicked in

page knight queen king ... If I can confuse you any more just ask... :)

It is the thoth based decks that use princess, prince, queen, knight and it does make a difference in how the courts are read. But you'll see everything in courts as you move along your journey

very funny and I needed a laugh

Water Lady

I'm pretty sure you're right about Princess = Page and Prince = Knight. Besides, if you keep it in that order, you get female, male, female, male, which makes more sense than male, female, female, male. I kind of like that ordering better, but it's not as traditional, I guess.

I like that order as well.

Farzon

These are the names of the courts s used in the Golden Dawn Tradition, but in reversed order. With the difference that it's normally: knight, queen, prince (king in RWS) and princess (page). There are a lot of threads about this around here.

Could you describe how Kings and Princes look in this deck? Waite has some subtle details in the cards that shew his Kings are the Princes of the GD-Decks... But that's another story.... To put it in a nutshell: Knights always ride horses, Princes in GD and Thoth had chariots, while in RWS they sit on thrones.