I'm a little confused

faerie_muse

I have been searching and reading in this study group and I am not sure which deck you are using, actually, didn't realize that there were 2 faerie oracles. Are you using the one by Froud or the faerie ring by Anna Franklin & Paul Mason? If any one could clear this up for me please. Also what is the difference in the two? Thanks for any info you can offer
Chloe

Silkin

Froud Faerie is your answer

wavebreaker

This is the Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud that is being discussed in this group.

And this is the Fairy Ring Oracle by Anna Franklin & Paul Mason.

Hope that helps. ;)

Genna

The difference for me is that the Froud faeries are much more personal.They have volunteered to help,to be in this deck.Jessica Macbeth writes beautifully,and with great humour,in the book that comes with the deck.She and Brian Froud are very talented people and seem to be in personal contact with this Otherworld beings,and help us get that contact to.

The Fairy Ring is not so personal.The fairies are not all helpful,in fact,some are harmful and not to be contacted.I don´t find the readings as helpful,friendly,and loving as with the Froud Faeries´Oracle(although both can be very to the point).The book is very useful for fairy lore,but not as good on divination as Jessica Macbeth´s book.There are good meditations for the fairies who like people.

link to Jessica Macbeth´s site; http://home.earthlink.net/~jesamac/index.html
and to Brian and Wendy Froud´s site (free reading available,but without reversed cards,or what Jessica has to say about each faery:
www.worldoffroud.com

I must add I love both decks,but I find Froud´s faeries easier to get in helpful contact with.

Rhiannon

Honestly, I think this section has become the home of all things fae! LOL If you don't know where else to put it, and it's about the Fae, then here is probably safe. You never know where they're going to turn up....

R :)

faerie_muse

Thanks

I've got it now. I had only seen the "other" deck but now that I have seen the Froud, ...they are very compelling cards, when I look at them I feel like I am being pulled in. It was difficult to look away. Whoa that is some serious stuff. Must get this deck!

wavebreaker

Re: Thanks

faerie_muse said:
I had only seen the "other" deck but now that I have seen the Froud, ...they are very compelling cards, when I look at them I feel like I am being pulled in. It was difficult to look away. Whoa that is some serious stuff. Must get this deck!
Muhahah, it worked!! }) ;)

13thFaeChylde

I have both decks and had to wait 8 months before I got the Froud deck (long story - husband was confused, poor dear, and bought the wrong deck for my hatching day present). Now that I have them, I play with them every day! I reallllllllly love them.

Now about the Fairy Ring deck, I like the artwork but cannot hear them very well. The Fairy Festival cards are breathtaking. I also have the Sacred Circle tarot deck by the same people, and generally like that a lot, although I do need a new tarot deck. (Boy, am I in the right place or what?!?)

ShW