I'm looking for a spread...

Oubliette

Pardons, but I'm looking for a very specific spread. I think I found it here some time ago when I was a lurker but not a member. I tried it out but had problems with my printer and was unable to print it for later use. I loved this spread but no amount of searching has been able to find it again so I'm wondering if one of you kind people could point me in the right direction?

I think it was called the double-edged sword. The spread had you lay out two rows of cards (up to three but no more than that and no less than two) these rows gave you a very general over view of the pros and cons of two different things (objects, people, jobs, etc.) I think the spread was created because someone had some extra money and couldn't decide weither to spend it on a camera or an ipod or something like that. It was a very simple spread that worked well for me when I tried it but I can't remember how many cards go in each row or even if it's only a major or minor spread. Anyone who knows what I'm talking about the help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Oubliette

Thanks but I've looked at quite a few of those. This was particularly useful/recognizable for its simplicity. Just two straight rows of cards (or three) actualy the only thing I'm really missing is exactly how many cards are supposed to go in each row... I think. I could also have forgotten if this is is a spread that only uses major or minor arcana... but I don't think so...

But I do thank you for your help anyway... Such a simple spread I thought I could remember it but I can't seem to remember enough.

edt - I suppose since it is a mostly intuitive spread I could just lay down the cards till I feel like stopping... or something like that.

Glass Owl

I just found a spread that looks like a sword. It's in the same thread as the Churchyard spread.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=7869&page=3

Gardener said:
I went throught the Complete Book of Tarot Spreads looking for your bow and arrow, and didn't find anything like that. I did, however, find a 7 card spread called the Sword, laid out as follows:

xxxx 4
2 xx 1 xx 5 xx 6 xx7
xxxx 3

and that looks as much like an arrow as a sword, I think. Positions are interpreted as follows:

1. The heart of the matter
2. Your starting point
3. Your base or support
4. You chance (what will aid you)
5. A problem is being solved
6. A desire is being fulfilled
7. New knowledge, new insight

Oubliette

Thanks but, the spread I'm looking for doesn't look like a sword. It's called the double edged sword because it gives you the good and bad possibilities for both choices. So you might find out that this camera you want will take awesome pictures but also is likely to break shortly after you get it. While the ipod has excellent sound quality but could be stolen from you easily.

The aren't really any positions because the reading is intuitive. Just two rows full of cards... :( I had really wanted to thank the person who posted that spread and share my results since I liked it so much.

Glass Owl

I found this spread just now at http://www.magick7.com/cards/options-spread.htm. Once again, this spread isn't exacty as you described but it is close.

Options Spread:

(Option 1) (Option 2)
----1-----------2

----3-----------4

----5-----------6

----7-----------8

----9-----------10

1. Background influences for option 1.
2. Background influences for option 2.

3. Current circumstances of option 1.
4. Current circumstances of option 2.

5. What is against you for option 1.
6. What is against you for option 2.

7. What is in your favor for option 1.
8. What is in your favor for option 2.

9. Outcome of option 1.
10. Outcome of option 2.

Excellent spread when you are faced with choices. It describes the outcome and background of each of the choices you are considering.

Prior to laying out the cards, make two choices or options. Each choice or option is a row in the spread. For example:
Option 1: Should I stay at my current job?
Option 2: Should I be looking at something new?

You can also expand your option choices by adding additional rows.