Instruction Manual for Change

FallynRaiyn

Over and over again I get results of spreads that make tons of sense, give great insight, get to the root of the problem, etc. They've got the Who, What, Where, When and How.....of all the things leading up to the problem, the most likely causes of the problem, and what the future holds if changes aren't made. And I end up with knowing what the problem is, how we got here, and what changes I need to make.....but that's where it seems to stall. What seems to be missing is the How on the other side. How do I fix this?.....how do I implement these changes in myself? Where do I start? How do I get into the right mindset to even start making changes in myself? Change is hard. Really hard.

Keep in mind that this spread is meant to be read as very practical. Actual actions, actual specific instructions. If you are asking "how do I make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich" it should tell you to make sure you have the ingredients as a first step and "ingredients" does not mean some esoteric BS. It means bread, peanut butter, and jelly.

I draw ten cards, each time focusing on the specific need of the card I'm choosing. Then lay them out in two rows of 5, comic strip style.

1*2*3*4*5
6*7*8*9*10

mostly because i don't have room to do a full 10 card row. but any type of layout in progressive order from 1 to 10 would work. A rainbow, a straight line, a mountain would be appropriate too, etc.

1 is the starting point. This is the problem, this is the issue. This is where things stand right now as we speak.

2 is the past, what behaviors or attitudes are helping to shape the issue. Behaviors and attitudes that were picked up somewhere in the past.

3 is Beginnings, the First Step. This is usually a fairly small instruction, a kick in the butt to get your feet moving in the right direction. A call to show your commitment to the change you are trying to make by actually putting your foot in it.

4 and 5 are minor challenges, to be read together or as separate challenges that must be overcome just to get to a place to be ready to tackle the bigger challenge.

6 is the major challenge, the biggest hurdle to pass to really make a significant and lasting change in your life. I've found this one often can't be tackled until the minor problems have been breached.

7 and 8 are minor changes. these are the things, again read together or separately, that you need to change about your ways of dealing with this problem if you hope to make progress.

9 is the biggest change you need to make to be able to get over the biggest hump of the major challenge. It is often a Hurdle in itself and can require a whole new reading to deal with.

10 this is the outcome you can expect if you are able to make these changes in your life. This usually shows how significant this problem is in your life. How "worth it" this journey can be.

I really hope this is helpful to someone else, and if you try it, I would love to know what you thought. Whether it worked for you or not.
Thank you.

samantha

Thanks for posting this one FallynRaiyn, its exactly what I'm looking for and I liked what you said about the sandwich :)

Will try this out tomorrow then, and report back on how it faired later.

FallynRaiyn

Thanks for posting this one FallynRaiyn, its exactly what I'm looking for and I liked what you said about the sandwich :)

Will try this out tomorrow then, and report back on how it faired later.

thank you, I hope it helps!

samantha

Too eager to try it out !

This worked very well. Alot of familiar faces came up for me- the interesting thing was where they appeared in the spread and how they related to each other. So for me this was a very useful exercise (especially in terms of ranking which cards had a greater or lesser impact etc etc)

I decided to change the meaning of cards 7, 8 and 9. Rather than linking them back to the card one I linked them to cards 4,5 and 6 as this seemed to make better sense.
So.....
4&5: Minor challenges to overcome (their nature/type)
6: Major challenge/hurdle to overcome (it's nature/type)
7&8 : Best course of action/How to deal with 4&5
9: Best course of action/How to deal with 6

It seemed that 4&5 (hence 7&8) each came out as individual issues/solutions. Though I can see how others could read them together.

Thanks again!

FallynRaiyn

awesome, I'm so glad you found it useful! I usually associate those the same way and don't link them back to 1 either. I forgot to put that in the description though.

I've also found that whether you read them together or separate depends on the nature of the problem and the nature of the solution.

thanks again!