Is There an Organization for Oracle Deck Readers?

The Gordo

Hi all,

I know tarot readers have their American Tarot Association, but do those of us who use Oracle Decks have an equivalent organization?

Golden Moon

The Gordo said:
Hi all,

I know tarot readers have their American Tarot Association, but do those of us who use Oracle Decks have an equivalent organization?

I don't think so Gordo, Maybe there is, if there isen't there should be one. It's not fair we oralce readers don't have an association. Tarot Readers are like the Leading Actors as for Oracle Readers are like the Supporting Actors. Or maybe people see as Tarot & Oracle readers under the same catagory.

lightbug

Tarot is also an oracle, technically. ( Not every oracle is the Tarot though ;) )
The reason why there are associations and certifications for tarot is that there's a more-or-less unified discipline. With the umbrella "oracle" there are LOTS of different systems, encompassing lots of different approaches to divination.

Definitely don't see Tarot as the "main actor" - just as a different but equal symbolism.

Golden Moon

lightbug said:
Definitely don't see Tarot as the "main actor" - just as a different but equal symbolism.

Ohye sI know that, but when you tell someone you read tarot they right away know what you are talking about. Tell them you read Oracle of the Pony's and they are like "What the heck is that?"

And everywhere you go, they have forums and web sites dedicated for tarot. Very little people and web sites ackowledge oracle cards. :)

The Gordo

Golden Moon said:
Ohye sI know that, but when you tell someone you read tarot they right away know what you are talking about. Tell them you read Oracle of the Pony's and they are like "What the heck is that?"

I never use the Oracle of the Pony's...too wishy washy and unpredictable. ;)

The Gordo

The problem with the Tarot Organizations is that they usually require essay testing for cards. For the most part, in tarot decks, it's pretty standard with the amount of cards and their meanings. For oracle decks, it varies substantially.