Issue-Advice-Outcome

NeXoRiouS

I believe I am digging up some old threads but I think no one would have much time to refer back to old posts. So I hope to post this again to gain attraction.

I have problems understanding the usage of Issue-Advice-Outcome Spread.

Firstly, is the Issue refering to the question or the reader?

Secondly, is the Advice a help from the tarot given to the Querent?

Lastly, is the Outcome refering to the result if the Querent heeds the advice or will become real if everything remains unchanged?

I know some of you might be laughing to think this is too easy to understand but I would hope that you guys will give me help.

As I learn everything by myself with no mentor things can get abit cranky as I will never know when I will be right or wrong. Especially when I have doubts, all I could refer to are notes or rely on my intuition.

Furthermore, I have a friend who has a different perception in explaining tarot though he is not a practitioner is rather brain-racking for me. Lack of confidence in my own beliefs plus his arguements increases the tension and often I doubt my own views.

Someone please give me advice, should I tell him that different people have different views so he should keep quiet or accept it and let him do the job as me practically go against every single statement I make.

Trogon

Hi Nexorious,

Okay... I'm thinking you're asking about a 3-card, "Issue - Advice - Outcome" type spread? If so, to my way of thinking;

"Issue" - tends to be somewhat wide ranging in the way I interpret it. It can be some aspect of the issue I need to look at... a root cause or basis of the issue... or what the issue really is. An example of this last one might be a querrent who wants to know how to keep their significant other from leaving them - when the real issue is that the querrent is flirting with others.

"Advice" - is usually some action that the querrent might need to take in order to achieve a positive result to the problem. In our above example, the querrent might get a card advising them to take a hard look at their own actions and feelings.

"Outcome" - I generally interepret as indicating what the positive result will be if the querrent follows the advice given by the "advice" card. Continuing the above example of the relationship problem... if the querrent does take that hard look at themselves... a positive outcome might be improvements to their relationship.

Now then... as to the advice from your friend. You say this friend of yours doesn't drink from the Well of Tarot Knoweldge? (He or she doesn't study the Tarot? :D ) Well... personally, I would be asking him or her where they got their knowledge and how long they've been studying Tarot. Then again, you don't want to hurt their feelings... so, if it were me, I might discuss their ideas, but I'd certainly turn to more experienced people for further input before relying only on their advice. Now that you've discovered Aeclectic Tarot, you have tapped into a huge resource... a bottomless Well of Tarot Knowledge if you will. When you need advice... post your questions here... you'll get piles! (Of advice that is... :joke: )

I do hope my ramblings have been of some assistance and use...

NeXoRiouS

Thanks Trogon for your detailed explanation.

As my friend loves to go against nature and laws, opposing what is believed to be right. Pessimistic ehz? Well, so I should listen with one ear and come out from the other?

Alex

I have the same problem

so if you go to the "My readings" section you will see that I'm telling you the truth. I think I have posted some readings of my own following this layout. Here are the links:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12333&highlight=Weekly+reading

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7644&highlight=in+hell+with

I use this spread for my weekly readings. Sometimes I read "advice" as "be aware of".

Looking at others' interpretations may help you see the different approaches.

NeXoRiouS

Ok, thanks. It was of the most help for me to learn. I have looked upon tarot spreads as an ever-changing chameleon capable of suiting into all kinds of situations.