Jealous or what !!!

Lorrie

I've had the pleasure of watching Tom develop his deck and seen it materialise into something tangiable and facinating. The colours are amazing and the deck does seem to have Tom's passion and wisdom. It's a buzz to experience Tom working with his deck and learning from him. I only hope that I can do him justice some day.

Alta

Another member tells me that she got one of the decks for me while she was in Australia and I am very much looking forward to working with it.

mythos

I'm all a muddle about what to do with this superb deck. Tom wants it used ... and I understand why, and Roseanne has commented so very positively on her readings with it ... but at the same time, the collector in me, knowing how it came to be printed, and the fewness of decks, wants to keep it pristine.

Arrrrgggghhhhhh! What to do? What to do?

mythos in a muddle ;)

OakDragon

mythos said:
I'm all a muddle about what to do with this superb deck. Tom wants it used ... and I understand why, and Roseanne has commented so very positively on her readings with it ... but at the same time, the collector in me, knowing how it came to be printed, and the fewness of decks, wants to keep it pristine.

mythos in a muddle ;)

Buy a second copy? ;)

Emeraldgirl

mythos said:

mythos in a muddle ;)

Give it to me }) ;) :p I'll give it a great home :D Or you can use it. It hasn't seemed to have done any harm to decks like the Greenwood that still go for very decent amounts despite being used.

mythos

OakDragon said:
Buy a second copy? ;)

I wish .... I have been deck-binging for 12 months. The 31st is my last - all decks ordered, just waiting till 31st to pay for them. Then ... I must, must, must, must save for Central Australia trip next August when a friend comes from Germany, and September 06 trip to New Zealand for Tarot Exhibition that I'll be exhibiting in. So .... arrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! No more decks for at least a year ... mythos shrivels up and goes into withdrawals ... are their any 12 Step Programs ... Tarot Decks Anonymous.

What to do? What to do?

Emeraldgirl said:
Give it to me }) ;) :p I'll give it a great home :D Or you can use it. It hasn't seemed to have done any harm to decks like the Greenwood that still go for very decent amounts despite being used.

Love you like a sister ... but give it to you? Not a chance ... I think jmd still has some. But yes, using doesn't reduce value ... oh dopey me for forgetting that! Unless cat does cat slide through spread, knocks over full coffee cup onto cards ... hmmm!

Of course home is catless since the great cat demise of '04 ... but mythos needs kitties ... so this potential event needs considering. Happened more than once. Ruined decks. Cards do like to slide through spreads ... just 'cos they are psychic and don't need a deck, they become bully cats ... love those beasties.

But yes, time to take out Tom's masterpiece and give her a go. Apologies to Tom, but this deck is definitely a 'she' for me.

mythos, whose a tad manic today!

Major Tom

Lorrie said:
I only hope that I can do him justice some day.

Thanks for this Lorrie. :)

You carry my pride in your accomplishments with you wherever you go. Think instead of doing yourself justice.

How's your deck coming along? ;)

mythos said:
But yes, time to take out Tom's masterpiece and give her a go.

Please do. :)

I'd never thought in terms of the deck's sex before. :eek: :laugh:

mythos

Major Tom said:
I'd never thought in terms of the deck's sex before. :eek: :laugh:

I wasn't aware of it until I wrote that. But yep, my decks do have gender ... some are too fem for me (I'm not at all 'girly'), some a nice mix, and some are too masc. And ... I just realised that the over-abundance of maleness of the Thoth is why I just can't stomach it. Revelation ... well ... insight!

mythos goes off to seek therapy :joke: