JMD's tarot course / fourhares

le_charior

I got an email to log in for JMD's online course - but could not make the log in work... Anybody else taking that course? Anybody else had the same problem? Anybody took it already? If I understood correctly it's not the long one over 30 weeks, but a shorter one?

I haven't read his book yet - maybe I should do that while/before I take the course?

I signed up for it a long long time ago and had nearly forgotten about it, but I am VERY excited to do it!

garmonbozia

I was able to sign in to the forum with the information provided in the second email I got this morning. any luck yet?

Wendywu

I have the book and it is brilliant! Well worth every penny I paid for it.

I was thinking about doing the shortened course he is offering but decided I'd wait until I've completed my study using his book, and then sign up for the first available course after that. I did buy a copy of Robert O'Neill's Tarot Symbolism (the re-print which is available from jmd's ATS site) and am using it in conjunction with jmd's Tarot de Marseille and the two together are an unbeatable study combination!

I love the way jmd makes you look at the cards. The exercises are good, and truly I am gaining a much deeper understanding of tarot through working with his book. I am doing one chapter each week, which is the way it was originally offered as the 30 week course, and have had to repeat a couple of weeks because I found that I needed more time; there is sooo much to learn.

le_charior

I was able to sign in to the forum with the information provided in the second email I got this morning. any luck yet?

no still not. when i try to sign in it tells me my email address needs to be validated. when i click on the link in the email to validate my address it tells me i need to sign in. maybe i'm just too stupid to do it though...

and wendywu - it made me think if i should read the book first and do the course then... but i guess you could also do it the other way round. I could still buy the e book but i prefer real books, especially for this kind of book you might want to come back to for reference later. thanks for your input on both books, i didn't know the other one was available!

Wendywu

You can buy jmd's book as a paper book but it's a lot more costly than the e-book :(.

The O'Neill is totally worth every penny!

garmonbozia

no still not. when i try to sign in it tells me my email address needs to be validated. when i click on the link in the email to validate my address it tells me i need to sign in. maybe i'm just too stupid to do it though...

did you try signing in with the username and password sent to you in the second email? I overlooked it the first time I tried.