Jumbledance Tarot

thorhammer

I just received the Jumbledance Tarot in the mail, from delizt, and I adore it! I'm disappointed in the lamination, but it's not as bad as I would have thought it, had someone told me that it was laminated this way.

Being quite the Wheel of Change afficionado, I was pleasantly surprised by the similarites between a few of the JDT cards and Wheel of Change cards - 7 of Coins/Disks, 9 of Swords, Emperor, Devil.

It's definitely got Genetti's touch.

Who has it? Who uses it? And just how many are there, anyway? Mine is #25 . . . It's my most expensive deck, by a looonnng way, but very special (and nigh indestructible, methinks :laugh:) and I'm so glad I've got it - just want to talk to people about it!

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Soooo . . . no one, then?

Okay. I think that's really sad :(

\m/ Kat

Rosanne

Hi Kat/Thorhammer...
I have bben away for a while- but heard the sadness in your voice. I do not have the Jumbledance,but enjoy my Wheel of Change. So I looked carefully through the deck and yes there are many cards that are sympathetic.
I think the Jumbledance would be very readable. I am glad you are enjoying it- it would be sad if it was expensive and a bad choice...(which I have done myself) I have not been a fan much of collage, but as the years have passed I have seen the merit in these decks- even if I recognise some National Geographic etc in the deck lol.
~Rosanne

gregory

I am silent only because I don't have it..... i wish wish wish.....

If you ever decide you don't want it - let me know !!!

It is on my must have list......

I do have Wheel of Change and also her daughter's Demannu !

thorhammer

Rosanne said:
Hi Kat/Thorhammer...
I have bben away for a while- but heard the sadness in your voice. I do not have the Jumbledance,but enjoy my Wheel of Change. So I looked carefully through the deck and yes there are many cards that are sympathetic.
I think the Jumbledance would be very readable. I am glad you are enjoying it- it would be sad if it was expensive and a bad choice...(which I have done myself) I have not been a fan much of collage, but as the years have passed I have seen the merit in these decks- even if I recognise some National Geographic etc in the deck lol.
~Rosanne
It is :) and thankyou for posting . . . as is well known, I :heart: the WoC, and the Jumbledance is very readable in light of my experience with the former. I was surprised to note that the JD was created after the WoC - the Wheel seems more cohesive, but that might just be because of the medium.

The collage thing makes it hard to pick out the different elements on many of the cards, at times, but they soon resolve into a powerful image that always speaks concisely. I love, too, the way that the cards meld and merge with one another, with wonderful associations that I wouldn't normally make.

I almost thought, when I saw the lamination, that it was a bad choice :( but I gave it a chance, heart in throat, and I was justified - it's beautiful.

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

gregory said:
I am silent only because I don't have it..... i wish wish wish.....

If you ever decide you don't want it - let me know !!!

It is on my must have list......

I do have Wheel of Change and also her daughter's Demannu !
Oh, lemme savour this moment! LOL I have a deck you don't! :laugh:

Okay, gloating over.

What about an ISO? I got a reply straight away - no bumping necessary :heart: And it's beautiful, really. I'm sure there are much better value decks out there, but it's so . . . personal, in a way, and I love that it has gelled so well with my understanding of the Wheel of Change. I'm so happy I've got it.

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

*Stupid duplicate post*

gregory

thorhammer said:
Oh, lemme savour this moment! LOL I have a deck you don't! :laugh:

Okay, gloating over.

What about an ISO? I got a reply straight away - no bumping necessary :heart: And it's beautiful, really. I'm sure there are much better value decks out there, but it's so . . . personal, in a way, and I love that it has gelled so well with my understanding of the Wheel of Change. I'm so happy I've got it.

\m/ Kat
REALLY ????

off to ISO...

You may gloat. I shall check your list and see what else - I bet there are some.