Kaplan Encyclopedia 5th Volume??

HearthCricket

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anymore about the possibility of a 5th volume of Kaplan's Tarot Encyclopedia coming out? So many new decks have poured out of the press in the past 7 years or so, that I wonder if another book is in the making. I thought I had heard rumours quite a while back that there might be. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks!

HudsonGray

I haven't heard anything on it yet, though with all the decks that have come out yearly now, he sure could fill another volume up.

I did find this interview too --- http://www.lightworks.com/MonthlyAspectarian/1999/June/699-02.htm

It's dated from 1999 but interesting. Tells how he started and all. The Aspectarian has some good tarot articles in it's issues.

(edited for spelling)

HearthCricket

Nice article-thanks for sharing. I always think it is amazing what that little IJJ Swiss deck did for so many of us. Who knew that fateful day would change the world of Tarot forever!

jmd

I'm pretty sure it's in the pipeworks, though doubt it will is to be completed before the end of the decade. It should be remembered that vol. 4 came out only two years ago, and, though one perhaps should not judge future decisions by past ones, given that vol 1 came out in the (late) 1970s, vol. 2 in the 1980s, and vol. 3 in the 1990s, personally would be surprised if vol 5 came out before 2010, and would probably expect it more in 2012 (nice year for what may also be Kaplan's final involvement in the series).

HearthCricket

Yes, I am sure if he is going to put out another one it probably wouldn't be for several more years, still....2010 is not that far away, which is rather freaky! Can you imagine how big that volume would be, though? I mean, so many decks have come out and continue to do so!

blue_fusion

Any news as to when this will be out?

rwcarter

I keep asking myself (and others) the same question. I checked the US Games website a month or so ago and no news there.... :(

Rodney

HearthCricket

I was really hoping this would be out, soon, and under the tree for me. What a treat that would have been. Maybe for next Christmas?? One can only hope!!

Sidhe-Ra

Last I heard from them it's now not due out till 2010!

Em x