Kier Tarot

justiceprevails

hi! this is my first post in Aeclectic. Though since last year i began reading the threads, finally i decided to write one.
The Kier deck I use, the one I feel more comfortable with, for the design of the cards and the many meanings each card has in its image (the planets, signs and hebrew letters), has one big problem: there is not much information about it. Do you know about some book to learn more from this deck?
I want to exchange some info and advice with other people who know about this deck.
Is there some relation between each one of the Kier Tarot cards with each card from a deck like rider waite (which is divided in suits) ?
thanks for reading, hoping to read from you soon! :)

rwcarter

justiceprevails,

Congrats on joining Aeclectic and on your first post!

Here in America, that deck is referred to as the Egipcios Kier. I have a round version of it that I bought from an Argentinian eBay seller. I don't know if there are any books that provide more info on the deck. I remember seeing an Argentinian (Brazilian?) website for the cards, but I couldn't do more than look at the images.

Type in Kier in the Search box for the Tarot Decks forum and you'll find lots of existing threads on the deck.

HTH,
Rodney

justiceprevails

thank you for your answer. i'm searching right now :)

fyreflye

And while you're typing enter into the Google search box "Samael Aun Weor." There's more information than you ever imagined about the designer of this unique deck.

Le Fanu

I'd love this deck, one of the few Egyptian-style decks I quite like. I have a Spanish version but I'd really like the U.S Games version. I wouldn't go as far as making a wish list for it, but it's a deck I never really see around. Only for 200 bucks on amazon :(

ETA; an AT angel has just sent me a heads up and I now have a cheap(ish) one on the way! Oh joy! Thank you so much "you-know-who-you-are" :*

And all before my morning coffee! Today's going to be a good day!

gregory

It's a lovely deck. Enjoy. I like the coppery look it has, too. It was one of my earlier acquisitions. Bought in the 70s for the equivalent of £10 in the lovely store in Toronto that used to have a raven (live) in the window..... That store has a lot to answer for - it's what got me hooked. It was FAR too close to the university department where I was studying !

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
ETA; an AT angel has just sent me a heads up and I now have a cheap(ish) one on the way! Oh joy! Thank you so much "you-know-who-you-are" :*

This is precisely why I love AT so much.

Le Fanu

And my deck has already shipped and its only just gone lunchtime!.

*joyous prancing*

I shall participate more in this thread when I get it!

Cerulean

Sounds splendid and hope you get the 84 page booklet

My 1984 version from U.S. Games has that nice coppery bronze gleam as well as that quirky pink...hope you like it for the curiousity and mix of esoteric thought.

And indeed lovely news... good to hear for someone to have found a charming and vintage deck they were trying to find. The kindly rwcarter was able to remember about the Kier when I was trying to identify the deck from the book Tarot and Kabbalah.

Cerulean