Kinds of crystal balls

elenamhs

I have several crystal balls: a large leaded crystal, and several smaller natural quartz balls.

I have had best scrying luck by placing a slice of obsidian on the table behind the leaded ball, where it cuts out reflections. This really added to the energy of the leaded crystal and produced an instant boost. The natural crystal balls seem best for healing and meditation. I'm sure though that each natural crystal has its own personality and "talents".

However, treatment of crystal balls by bathing in full moon light has dramatically affected my crystals for the better. And bathing in sunlight wipes them clean, totally destroying all of my efforts to "feed" them with the moon light. [What a mistake that was!!!] This is tantamount to pithing your friend, or giving her electroshock therapy. Please don't do it unless you NEED to wipe one clean to start over for some reason, like dark contamination or something.

I have recently read of a type of crystal ball made of melted quartz dust, which makes a block of clear quartz, which is then made into very clear balls.

Has anyone heard of these; especially, has anyone used one? What do you think?

Best wishes and thanks for any replies.

Sincerely,

celticnoodle

oooh--your crystal balls sound beautiful, elenamhs! and welcome to AT! I did not know this about the sunlight, and am glad to read it here. I won't subject my crystal balls to direct light then. I try to set it out in the full moon light, but don't remember to do this often.

there are quite a few threads dealing with crystal balls here on AT. I'm sure you may find them interesting, as you seem to know a bit about them yourself. I look forward to reading more of your posts on here.

edited to add: I have heard people use the black obsidian itself for scrying. I have yet to find one I like enough to purchase and try. I have not thought about putting the two together for a reading. Do you set it just behind the ball itself or underneath it, or what? or maybe it doesn't really matter. Also, I find that lighting a candle and setting it behind me or to the side of where I'm reading more disturbing to my concentration when trying to read. I've stopped doing this, but I do dim the lights in the room to discourage any glares of light in the ball. What other preparations do you do for a reading?

elenamhs

I have tried scrying directly into the slice of obsidian but just didn't seem to get anywhere. Also I have a large black obsidian sphere, which never has worked for scrying either. (It is a great healer though and deserves a thread of its own in this forum).

I on an inspiration, placed the slice of polished obsidian just in the right place to stop glare in the leaded crystal ball, and --I don't know, it just seemed to mellow it and allow "flights of fancy" to take place suddenly, which I just let myself follow. Ie. I placed it where I could look in the ball and see black. Perhaps the ball amplified the effect of the obsidian.

I had to ask specifically around to have someone make the obsidian slices--and ended up finding that my neighbor is a rock polisher and rock hound who made the slices for me. {I was trying to make a scrying mirror} but it didn't cost much at all.

Thanks for your interest, and your hospitality!

Sincerely,