Let's talk about World and Death!

angelf1sh

Over the past few months I have been studying Death and World because they both popped up in several readings I did for two different relationships: one is a new relationship (involving myself), while the other is an established one where the couple has been married for a long time.

For the reading regarding my relationship (new at the time of the reading), Death showed up in the Crown position, followed by 2 of Cups in Near Future, and then World in the Outcome position. So far the cards have played out to represent me going through transformations, to finally accepting that I am in a relationship, and feeling whole and complete within despite the lessons presented with the World card. My take with the World in a new relationship is that it's a long road of lessons to learn together.

For my friend however, since they have been a long-time married couple, I am not sure if I can interpret Death and World in the same way as it can either mean they need to let go of the past and elevate their relationship so it's more fulfilling and serving...or it means they part as friends. These cards didn't appear in the same reading though as I have done multiple readings for her, but usually come up in the "Heart of the Matter" or "outcome" positions.

What are your thoughts regarding these two cards and the context of a new vs. established relationship?

PAMUYA

The world for me is saying this is as good as it gets. Meaning it ends, or stays the same no more growth, it is at its high point.

The Devil is attachment not necessarily love. Attachment meaning you expect to find happiness and/or love outside of yourself, therefore you attach yourself to it. Your happiness is chained to it, happiness is not independent of this item or person. This could be a karmic connection, unfinished business from a previous life that maybe playing out lifetime after lifetime.

These meanings can apply to long and short term relationships. Of course meanings shift spectrums depending on surrounding cards.