Liz Hazel's Book

Macavity

Just something that was "on my list" and has now seen the light of day:

"Tarot Decoded: Understanding and Using Dignities and Correspondences"
by Elizabeth Hazel.

See e.g. ATA Preview.

O.K. I have NO opinion yet! But I do have it on order... })

I have great expectations that this can provide some insights into various e.g. astrological connections of the Tarot... :)

Macavity

Asher

Just got this

What a surprise to find this on the shelf in one of my favorite haunts!

I have a been a big fan of Liz's on another discussion board -- she is the kind of astrologer I would like to be! And her blending of the astrolgical and tarot arts is extraordinary.

Haven't begun to read the book in earnest yet, I am still recovering from turning in grades and graduation. But now, with summer all to myself, I can take a nice leisurely stroll thru this book. Looking forward to it!

Asher

Rhiannon

Any updated opinions on this book? I was browsing through amazon and came across it.

R :)

Macavity

Check out with the excellent review here...
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/tarot-decoded/ - Nuff said. :)

Whereas I defer to the reviewer's experience/expertise, I might slightly quibble with:

"one quibble that I might have with this book is that the definitions of the positions within a spread take a very low priority to the dignities and attributions involved in the reading."

To me, that is the essence of dignities - To provide an underlying meaning to which is added the divinatory (card/spread stuff specific etc.) as a some... top layer. But views may differ... :D

There is certainly a wealth of material in the book. Some of which, I personally, needed to read two (or more?) times! Thus, it can be a bit intensive, and packs a lot of information into a relatively small space. I think too perhaps that more than (my own!) minimal background in astrology, would have been desirable. I can accept this is indeed not a prerequisite though. There's no harm in providing incentive to read around these (other) subjects...

I think this book provides a useful counterpoint to those who might say Tarot knowledge is acquired by intuition alone. That said, I was also reminded by *this* author that any assumption that dignity readers are lacking in "intuition" might be a tad presumptive? })

Impressive Stuff.

Macavity