Looking Down

Halite

Hello all,

I did a spread for relationship advice (a should I do this or not type question) using my RWS, no reversals.

I noticed that all of the figures in the cards I pulled have their head cocked in the same way (to the left of the card) and are looking downwards - in the manner of the figure in the Seven Coins. I know sometimes if the figure on the card is looking towards another card, I often associate the two them (like for example if I have a Knight I can say that he is questing or moving towards the cards he is facing) but I'm not sure what to make of all of these figures looking downwards. I'd be tempted to say they're all introspective, but they don't seem to quite suggest that. They seem to have their heads bent for different reasons - hiding, looking at various things, adoring their elemental symbol. Maybe it's a suggestion that I am looking in the wrong direction for answers?

I'd love to hear the thoughts of this forum on the symbolism of figures that are looking in the same direction, particularly when they are looking downwards. Thanks!

Grizabella

I think since you posted the whole spread you need to have a mod re-post it in Your Readings instead of here.

Halite

Ah ok, I only posted the whole spread because I thought it was relevant to the fact that all the cards I pulled had the figures looking the same way. What I want is to talk about is the symbolism of figures on the cards looking all/mostly in the same direction - especially downwards, rather than this particular spread. I posted them as example/background.

If a mod would be so good as to move this, I would appreciate it. I think I don't thoroughly understand the way to post spreads or not here :/

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Halite,

Please check your PMs.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Cards from reading have been removed so that the focus of the discussion becomes the common direction that each figure is facing.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Amanda

People looking to the left references the past for me. If they are looking down, it may be referencing something that has certainly occurred, whereas if they were looking left and upward, it would be more of a longing or desire for something to have happened in the past, for the way that I read.