Magician as feelings

Dartellus

Hiya!

Here comes the card that I most have difficulties to interpret as feelings towards...the old and good magician.
This is one of my favorite cards, but I get so frustated because I really don't know what interprer here for sure.

I see some friends that love to see the magician in love questions, such as feelings...meaning that the other person feels that the other person has a full package. ..or, that the querent has a great chemistry with the other person.

But I don't know...some people emphasize the communication point of view of the magician is more important...even that the magician is a manipulator.

So, this could be that the other person is either feeling manipulated by the querent or feel that can manipulate the querent.

What you people think? I do hate this card on this position :laugh:

Thanks!

SwordOfTruth

Generally speaking the magician is a card of using willpower to achieve an end. As feelings towards someone? they are motivated to take action to draw this person into their inner circle.
Their passion has been aroused and interest piqued. But the magician is an odd card, because it is neutral until other cards come into play. To check the intention behind the motivation you would need to reference the other cards already on the table.

I dont like to attach the word manipulation to an upright magician because the inference there is that his machinations are somehow of ill intent. And I dont automatically read ill intent into this card. His intent is read in the entire spread. One concept that comes to mind here sleight of hand. It can be used to amuse and delight or to deceive.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I think the magician usually means confidence!