Marie Anne Lenormand Handwritten Letter

eldritchgreene

Hi everyone, I found this listing on eBay for a handwritten letter allegedly written by Mlle. Lenormand herself. I find it interesting the seller sees her "autograph" as a focus interest for the auction, quite the celebrity that Marie Anne!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ALS...TUNE-TELLER-/271963331943?hash=item3f52471d67

The letter appears to be incomplete but pictures are good enough to read, any French readers willing to have a look?

I'm curious!

IHeartRescues

Ooo la laaa!

And what a signature flourish flourish! My French is nominal as well as reading the handwriting of that day, but I hope someone here will translate this for us all.

Thanks for sharing and I hope it's for real. Going back to look at it again....

Philippe

It's about a quarrel between her tenant and her servant and she does not want to testify in front of the court... quite uninteresting

DownUnderNZer

Was soooooooo hoping for a scandalous secret affair with Napoleon...even would have settled for Josephine.:thumbsup:

She should have read the future outcome of that dispute and put that in writing to support why she didn't need to be there in court. That would have been cool. :D

eldritchgreene

It's about a quarrel between her tenant and her servant and she does not want to testify in front of the court... quite uninteresting

Ha! Love it. Thank you Phillipe! I wonder if there's a collection of her letters housed somewhere in Europe would be nice to have a look through those. I think I'm developing a thing for reading correspondence, it's so personal, I've been going through some of Charles Dickens' letters and it's fascinating to see the use of colloquialisms, style, quips, jokes, handwriting, it really captures personality.

DownUnderNZer I was also hoping for something a little more personal! Guess it's just the equivalent of a random email, but what a pretty email it is.

Cacia

Hello All

All I can say about this letter is that she had a very unique and interesting hand writing with style have to add. Also, if you see the letter is kind of misterious well that what i think of it .

Nice

Philippe

She was at her country house when she wrote this letter. I guess the house had been heavily transformed since 1811-1843 but it's this one

http://fr.topic-topos.com/chateau-de-la-coudraie-poissy

situated at Rue de Migneaux Poissy (and not rue du bon Roi Saint-Louis as mentioned below the pic). You can find it with GoogleMaps StreetView, it's near the street in the park of the now destroyed Château de Migneaux.

Cacia

Phillippe

Thanks for the nice picture, vintage style very nice house hope one day be able to visit france and go see that magnificent house.

thanks

Essjay

She does have such beautiful handwriting - it would be lovely to own it just for that! Shame it's not a more interesting letter but as I can't read French either it wouldn't worry me!