Maroon TSG - The Magician (Mag)

Gayla

The Card:

The Magician

General Description:

The Magician of the Maroon Tarot is standing to the side and pictured at a distance. He is commanding a large thread or wave of energy or water. It appears he is either drawing energy from the entity or commanding it's flow and shape with his wand. Either way, the eye is drawn to the bean of light connecting his scepter to the opening in the energy source.

Hebrew Letter: Character : ב
Planet: Mercury

The Environment:

Green is the primary color of the environment as it dominates the landscape.

Green was used very strongly in the Fool card, but it seems to be the essence of the Magician. Notice the calmness and light glow of the sky beyond the wave. A indication something supernatural is taking place.

Green has strong emotional correspondence with the concept of safety and healing. Green has been said to have healing properties to improve vision, stability and endurance. Perhaps most important it is the color of free and safe passage.

Thoughts:
The Magician is so small in comparison to the landscape and the wave. To me, it reminds me just how much bigger the elements really are in comparison to our own existence. However, when harnessed correctly, the elements cannot resist the skill of the magician. Notice how the Magician is focused on the opening in the wave, not the wave itself. What is the significance? Is this a door or portal another realm, or is he simply diverting the energy or element to another direction for the greater good?

To me, this is a difficult card to read because we it forces focus beyond the characteristics of the Magician himself, and seems to ask for attention to the cause and effect.

If this card came up in a reading I would be inclined to ask the seeker if he perceived the Magician to be drawing energy from the wave or projecting energy toward it. Their answer would be a good indicator of their perception of their own skill and abilities.

Any thoughts? :)

Arcana XV

This is an awesome Magician card. I see him as being in complete control of his surroundings and that he could change the shape of that gigantic wave in front of him with one simple flick of the wrist. He has the power to manipulate and bend nature to his will.

I only hope he knows that with such great power comes great responsibility and that he would think twice before abusing it.

silverwings94

I to see the Magician controling a great force of energy. His focus is strong and unshaken. He is able to hold all that energy back, but can also release it when he feels that he has to.
Silverwings94

Gayla

Arcana XV said:
....I only hope he knows that with such great power comes great responsibility and that he would think twice before abusing it.

That is a good point...using the Magician card to remind the Seeker of their skills and abilities, but at the same time reminding them of their responsibility when using it...

Gayla

silverwings94 said:
.... His focus is strong and unshaken...

The characteristic of a true, skilled magician or master of any craft.

'Focus' is a good keyword for this card.