Mars Square Pluto transit - what to expect?

seaglass

Well, here's a lesson in how to keep yourself up at night with unnecessary stress - look up all of the transits that are heading your way over the next year and a half on astro.com.

I'm going to have Pluto transiting the 10th house and squaring my natal Mars (6th house, close to the 7th).

I'm a little nervous about this - natally I have 3rd house Cancer Sun squaring 6th house Libra Mars. I also have Pluto right on my descendant in the 7th house - it's almost exact. So I know from experience that I can push people's buttons and have made it almost a sport over the last 10 years to avoid aggression and hostility of any kind.

I'm just nervous that I will be in harm's way somehow. I am literally terrified of violence!

Some other transits occurring at that time...

Sun Trine Neptune
Moon Opp Neptune
Mars Opp Uranus (!) (Uranus is transiting my 12th house)
Mercury Sextile Uranus

Have you had Mars Square Pluto transit in your chart? Any thoughts?

Minderwiz

I don't use Pluto and IMHO it's much over rated and is actually a mistake both astronomically and astrologically but I'm in a minority (though a growing one). I still have yet to find anyone who can put forward a positive view of Pluto, and any planet which does not have both positive and negative views is both one dimensional and of little real help.

My advice would be to stop worrying about this transit and ignore it. You'll be surprised at how little, if any, effect it has.

On the others,

Neptune and Uranus are genuine planets astronomically and may have some use in Astrology - though I'd be more tempted to see them as the equivalent of fixed stars. It's not quite clear from your post which is the transiting planet and which is the natal one, though I'm guessing that the transiting planet is the outer (as the Sun, Moon and Mars are relatively swift movers and the transits of the Moon are literally hours, and the Sun and Mars a couple of weeks or so.

My view for what it's worth is these transits will not be strong, as unlike the psychological school I don't see the outers as stronger than the inner planets. The classic 7 are what matters, the others are background or at best some amplification.

Again though I'm a minority in this but I've come across too many people frightened by these planets not to simply say, ignore them!

dadsnook2000

Pluto & Mars

Hello, Seaglass
Both of these astrological bodies are seen as "angry planets." But, we do need to keep a little perspective on what we are looking at.

** n/Sun square n/Mars: This can have a range of meanings from "brash and over-eager to be confrontational" to "acting with great energy and focus in carrying out a project." What is important to remember here are two things. FIRST, these are natal planets and whatever planet transits them (by aspect) will, at most, trigger their basic nature as a pair. SECOND, the context of your life and current flow of activities will largely determine how Sun and Mars might be expressed. If you are retired and spend your days tending your roses, you are more likely to prick your finger then become a terrorist bomber.

** t/Pluto at the MC, n/Pluto at the Desc.: One of Pluto's attributes is that of "seeking to control." From your words it would seem that this fits with your use of n/Pluto at the Desc. angle. Pushing buttons, so to speak, allows you to control responses and situations by obtaining an often-expected outcome. This is a sort of negative approach to avoiding hostility, and a practice that a psychologist could easily turn against you.

This last sentence is important to consider. If your past experiences involve, today, any past friends or co-workers who are still active in your life then look for a possible payback. What is important here, again, is the context of your present life. Instead of someone now pushing your buttons it is just as likely that some form of transformation will be available for you to experience. Maybe "Pluto" will work through a "historical society project" or the "beautification or redoing of a cemetery" or "helping out on an archaeological project" or refurbishing a basement apartment for a friend" or anything that is associated with Pluto. Remember, symbols always try to express themselves in as many ways as possible. Like weeds, they like to pop-up anywhere. Yet, they can be controlled by steering them to positive outlets ---- in most cases.

However, since n/Pluto is on the 7th angle, whatever impact Pluto on the MC might have will relate to a friend, a partner, an association. Something is likely to be changed, more likely six months from now in January when the t/Sun gets into the act. Dave

lilangel09

Ah, Pluto is crossing an angle, which is significant.

Positive expressions
================
Intense (Pluto) drive (Mars) for sex (Mars)
Powerful (Pluto) drive (Mars)
Extra (Pluto) energy (Mars)
Laser-guided focus (Pluto-Mars)
Overhaul (Pluto) your public image or career (10th)
Understanding (Pluto) your anger (Mars)
Overhaul (Pluto) how you express your anger/assertiveness (Mars)
Cutting out unnecessary things (Pluto) to make them more efficient (Mars)

Negatives would involving meeting this energy outside yourself (like an extremely violent/angry person), in which case, you'd have to own your aggression/drive (Mars) to defend yourself. You could also be seen in negative light (as a result of Pluto), or project these energies onto other people (e.g. Complaining about someone else having a quality/doing something when the thing you're complaining about applies to you too and you're actually complaining about yourself... which should weird you out.)

You could really get a lot done with this transit.