Monalisa Tarot : The devil and the tower

lovejay10

I'd like to bring up these two cards for discussion.

I once read in the thread of a story puzzle sth, devil and tower are in the same story but i'm quite confuse about it. I want to discuss about the story line and their meaning in this thread.

The devil : A big scary man( altho show only his back) is walking toward a house, he's holding a torch with fire. On one of the window of the house, we can saw a light shining out ..at first i though it was a lamp light but someone said the house was on fired inside!? If the house was already on burning inside, what's the purpose of the man carry a torch toward house?For me,i think as positive that he come to warn because it's silly for a man to carry a torch to put on fire when the house was alreayd on fired!

To this point, i interpret " If we have lust and desire in our heart and soul, no matter what happen...it will always be there. And nothing can stop or help us. ".

The Tower : A woman sitting infront of the wrecked house and look so depressed. I think she's someone who live in this house and maybe be the one who cause the fired to the house ( maybe of her careless ). Now she feel depressed of her own action. Eventho there's someone come to rescue and warn, but couldn't help cuz it's too late.

To my interpret "A loose of something that we really love ( a house is a simple of strenght and courage and hideway), it have gone because of ourselves or whatever cause to happen. Now we feel defeated and hopless, altho we can rebuild the feeling back but it will take a lot more than before to do again. "

Anyone get my drift?

Pleae exchange me yr idea.

Thnks

lovejay10

addition

i think the man in the devil might be the same man on 7 wand card.

i have done an interpret once and to me i feel that this man is someone very good but his appearance make everyone think he's a evil man.

In Devil card : He might carry a torch to help the owner of the house
in 7 Wand : He might just stand there holding the wood but the woman and the girl are frighten of his action when he haven't hit or do anything yet.

umm...interesting right?

hahhahah

Onyx

a clear two card pairing

I like the thoughts that these cards illicit when I look at them. They have to be connected.

The Devil approaches with his fiery wand. He comes in the dark of the night to pay his prey a visit.

The Tower has a bit of irony here because in most modern decks the Tower is collapsing because of the all seeing eye of God sends lightning bolts. Here it is the Devil that destroys the house.

I have associated the idea of materialism and addictions to the Devil, and because I believe in true evil in the world, I associate that with the Devil as well. Looking at this two-card combination, I see that result of evil or addiction can cause destruction of a house, a home and a family.

In the Tower, there has been the idea of lost foundations, brutal endings of assumptions, a fiery destruction of the old that brings forth new growth. Here the burned out house has left the child homeless and I fear orphaned.

Now we have these two cards we know clearly go together. I looked through the deck and tried to find a card that I think may go before them in a story and then a card that can fit after these events in a story.

The card I considered before is Justice. Here I see that a fight with in the home or a tavern set an enemy against the home’s owner. This may be the Devil himself or a person who hired him. The after card I picked is the Empress. I like the look of the child in it and it seems familiar with the child in the Tower. I can see the story evolving into one about the child's poverty and her trying to steal to eat. I also then considered the 6 of Pentacles in this part of the story as well.

As for the 7 of Wands I like it and put it actually between the Devil and the Tower as the fight that occurred within the home with the Devil. I also wanted to place the 5 of Pentacles in the story somewhere but could not find a place for it to fit.

Onyx.