Moon sign

jojojo

I am a little confused - on www.astro.com and also on Jonathan Cainer's site my moon sign is Sagittarius. However on http://www.indastro.com/index.php my vedic moon sign is Scorpio - so my question is....is there a difference between the 'vedic' moon sign and your normal moon sign?....(and before anyone asks I did put my details in correctly)....what moon sign should I go with?

ciliegia

maybe..because of the international time differences..
so you should think where were you born...

jojojo

ahhhhh. that makes sense. for the first two I had to put in where I was born but for the vedic moon sign I didn't - so maybe that is why it is different.

ciliegia

Glad I could be of some help:love:

isthmus nekoi

Vedic astrology is calculated using a sidereal system which is different from Western, tropical astrology (although some Western astrologers also use sidereal). So it is possible to have planets in different signs using the different systems - you'll note that the natal aspects should be the same. As for which system to use... that is personal and complicated question, but it will probably be easier for you to find information on the tropical system.

The_Star

Sidereal

jojojo said:
I am a little confused - on www.astro.com and also on Jonathan Cainer's site my moon sign is Sagittarius. However on http://www.indastro.com/index.php my vedic moon sign is Scorpio - so my question is....is there a difference between the 'vedic' moon sign and your normal moon sign?....(and before anyone asks I did put my details in correctly)....what moon sign should I go with?

Your entire chart moves back about 24+ degrees when using the Vedic astrology.
Western astrology uses the 'tropical' zodiac which is based upon seasonal changes. The Vedic system (sidereal) uses actual planetary positions.
As such, the Western astrological model is based upon a fiction. That fiction is that the Sun enters the 1st degree of Aries, annually, at the vernal equinox.
The key to understanding the difference between the two astrological methods is "The Precession of the Equinox".