Morgan-Greer

mabthescorpio

I bought the Morgan-Greer deck about a week and a half ago. It's odd... The art is OK, but I don't feel much of a desire to read with it, and when I do read with it, I don't feel a connection. Despite that, I get these weird urges to just take it out and shuffle it all the time, more than any of my other decks lately. I shuffled it for like an hour while I was watching TV the other day. Is this unusual or have any of you experienced anything like this with a deck? Do you think I might grow more attached to it and feel a connection toward it as time goes on? I even thought about trading it since I didn't click with it, but there's just something about it that won't let me part with it...

~Amber~

Fulgour

Hello :) Amber! May I ask, did the cards come in a box,
and if so was it blue or brown? I ask because you may
have an older version... with genuine sturdy cardstock.

Older decks aren't so much like plastic :p as many now
and shuffling them is so unique it's hard to resist doing.

mabthescorpio

Actually, the box is purple, lol. They're pretty plasticy. I'm shuffling them right now...for some reason they're just hard to resist.

brenmck

mabthescorpio said:
Do you think I might grow more attached to it and feel a connection toward it as time goes on? I even thought about trading it since I didn't click with it, but there's just something about it that won't let me part with it... ~Amber~

I had the same experience when I first got this deck - attracted to it but wondering how I'd ever read with it. It seemed to have a rather shallow appearance at first. But I took it on a trip a few months ago, and did two readings for two (way) different people and got vivid and meaningful readings for them both. This deck seems to tell you when it is ready to be consulted. It's a different animal. It did grow on me, but it took some time. I haven't read with it very often recently, but I'd never part with it. I like the card backs very much, and I even like that plastic feel.

~B~

mabthescorpio

Finally felt like reading with it tonight! I got a really accurate reading for one I was doing for someone else. Not sure if I'm ready to read for myself with this deck though.

Shaymus

I guess that's why there are so many decks available because we are such a diverse group.

For me, after about 15 or more decks (some I liked more than others), I bought the Morgan-Greer about 4 weeks ago. I haven't touched another deck since.

When I first saw the images of the cards online here, I thought it was a bit too cartoonish for me, so I didn't get one for months. When I did get it, the colours and images really speak to me, and my readings are so amazing. I love it. But again, it comes down to whether a certain deck clicks with you or not. This one sure did for me.

Shaymus

Abrac

I recently acquired this deck from Rhiamon through the Trading forum. The stock and the finish are like butter, perfect for shuffling. I haven't shuffled them though, but have been admiring the beautiful colors. This is one of those decks that looks best when you lay all the cards out in a pile facing up. The effect of all the different colors in combination is simply gorgeous.

Kudos to US Games on this one.

Flavio

mabthescorpio said:
Do you think I might grow more attached to it and feel a connection toward it as time goes on? I even thought about trading it since I didn't click with it, but there's just something about it that won't let me part with it...

I think is natural process that a deck grows on you as time passes, I got this deck with big excitement, felt attracted to design, colors and lack of border, when I got the actual deck it didn't look as appealing as I expected, as the time passed and studied the images and noticing the differences with RWS, I started to enjoy the cards once again.

Anyway, in the period of 1 year or so I have only read with this deck 4 or 5 times because I had felt the urge to use this particular deck, those readings were accurate, helpful and entertaining.

As a matter of fact, recently posted one of those "Morgan-Greer urge" readings, you might want to take a look.

Nevada

I think Flavio is right, and Morgan Greer is a deck that I didn't use much at first but which grew on me over time until it's one of my favorites. All that shuffling, maybe it's an attunement process of some kind. :)

Nevada