Morgan Greer's printing defects and extra cards

FLizarraga

A recent encounter with a vintage Aquarian deck has interested me in these classic RWS recreations from the 1970s and 80s, which I had managed to avoid so far.

So I found this Morgan Press printing, which I'm assuming is one of the first editions or the first, in a lovely matte cardstock. Mine is the so-called blue box, although it's more of a darkish teal to my (avowedly imperfect) sight. (I have perused the forums, and people seem unsure of which came first, the brown or the blue box.)

Mine came with two duplicate cards --King and 3 of Swords--, and also two trump cards showing what seems to be a printing defect, a couple of horizontal lines. They're not ink lines, more like very slight depressions, and are actually easier to see in the photograph than in real life.

Any MG experiences like this? I have read about the off-center Chariot, which thankfully I didn't get.

P.S. After having a sit-down with the deck, I can see that a lot of the cards have one, two or three faint horizontal lines --like cracks on the printed surface. Curioser and curioser.

Attachments

• Morgan Greer lines.jpg
    Morgan Greer lines.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 135

Le Fanu

There's also the (I think) Page of Pods (not Rods). Does yours have that?

FLizarraga

There's also the (I think) Page of Pods (not Rods). Does yours have that?

Nope, Rods here. Although that bowler hat does look... weird.... :bugeyed:

Tarotwolf

I have an example of the Page of Pods error show up in both a light blue box set and also dark blue box set. Both printing errors are exactly the same. Included with one of these sets is also a small white donut shapped printing error on the back of one card. Nothing major, but I thought it was neat at the time I first saw it.

Here is a photo of both (why, oh why, are my photos alway sideways or upside down!):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 114

Rhinemaiden

I also have a vintage MG deck... my 8 swords is out of register... like looking at 3-D without 3-D glasses... rest of the cards are fine.

FLizarraga

Here is a photo of both (why, oh why, are my photos alway sideways or upside down!):

I'm almost certain the sideway thing is an AT bug --it rotates your picture if it's a certain size, or shape, or something, no matter what you do.

I'll look out for those donuts in mine. And I still can't quite believe that feathered bowler hat. It's like Chaplin meets Robin Hood.

I also have a vintage MG deck... my 8 swords is out of register... like looking at 3-D without 3-D glasses... rest of the cards are fine.

I thought it was me, but now that you say it, my Hierophant is just like that.

Luna's Crone

Gee

we are talking about the 2012 decks are we. I just decided to get a deck.

Rhinemaiden

we are talking about the 2012 decks are we. I just decided to get a deck.

I think we're talking about earlier printings... mine is a 1979 blue box.