Movies...an insight to the spiritual world(part 3)

Ramses

Hey folks...
How are you?...Hope you?re all fine!!!

"The Sixth Sense"
"Stir of Echoes"

Let?s talk about mediunic power...psychic power...
For those who saw the movies mentioned above, you know that the hero of the story had to use his psychic powers in order to help spirits...

My question is...Do people who have this kind of 'sixth sense' have to help others???...Are they given this kind of ability for a humanitarian purpose??? :confused:
Or, is this 'sixth sense' simply an evolution of the enlightened?
Or, are these people in any karmic debt with society, or the spiritual world, and have to use their present encarnation to help others??? :confused:

What do you think about it ??? 8)

Kiama

That really is a tough one, and I don't think we can actually answer it at all! I think that maybe all people are born with an innate 7th sense (6th sense is scientifically not the Psychic one, but the Danger-sensing one. 7th sense is the Psychic sense.) but some people hold onto it through their gorinwg up, some don't.

Kiama

amyel

I believe that those of us with a psychic sense have it because they are evolutionarily enlightened. Maybe they managed somehow to hold on to it from childhood.

I think it is the enligtenment that drives so many pyschics to help others - not the sense itself.

january

Ramses, you always make us think... I love it! I hope you are happy and well too! And what a timely post for tonight's Oscars!!

I feel that whatever gift one is given - psychic abilities, music, mathematics, medical, etc. - is meant to enlighten that person as well as the world at that time. Because we were all given a talent of some sort it makes sense that it was meant for use of its ethical good. Would God/Goddess/Universe give us such talents that were meant to harm and off-balance our collective soul? I think our talents were meant (or perhaps chosen by us before birth) to aid . Because I also believe in free will, we can use or misuse those talents - its our choice.

I think its common to be afraid of talents as well. Even I'm afraid to pick up a paintbrush after doing so much computer art! In Sixth Sense, the child was... a child! He was afraid as any child would be, but he ultimately realized that he could help. In Stir of Echoes (oh, Kevin Bacon!!) he was afraid even as an adult. He didn't realize that his talent could be helpful until after his deed was done.

What about The Gift with Cate Blanchett? She used her psychic abilities to solve a murder. Can we think of any characters that misused a talent? How do we feel about that?

Now, were these movies made to show us that people with sixth/seventh sense are here to help? Who/What is governing that? Are further-enlightened people being ushered in to show us a new path or have they always been there and just ignored.pushed aside as irrelevant?

I know I can't open the hood of my car and fix it, but I'm grateful to those who can. Just as those of us here who are psychic, read Tarot or divinate in other ways I think we are so because we can aid the world in our own special way - even if its just one person.

Sometimes we need to acclimate ourselves to our talents and learn to recognize and nurture them. We are who we are - are plusses, minuses and then some - for a reason. If anything, Hollywood has at least made step in forging credibility in those of us with psychic abilities.

Sorry for rambling... I'm in a stream of consciousness mood!

~ january

truthsayer

i think we all were born with psychic abilities. however, some of us choose to develop it and some don't. some ppl choose their intuitive abilities altruistically but others use it to harm others. i believe that just b/c one chooses to develop intuitive abilities doesn't always mean this is a person w/ elevated consciousness. there are criminals that have an intuitive ability to choose their victims and psych them out to get what they want whether it's murder, rape or money or whatever. ever meet someone who could talk you into just about anything? that's an intuitive ability. this person is reading you like a book. it's a gift that can be used for good or evil. with all abilities there is a positive and a negative force behind it. imho this is b/c there must be balance in all things karmic.

i have met ppl that were obviously very intuitive yet they had a very deep shadow. we've talked about been psychicly attacked here. i think the discussion was on psychic or energy vampires. what about aleister crowley? he was an intuitive person and he used his gifts for good and evil.

purplelady

"The sixth sense" was one of my favorite movies EVER! I believe that psychic abilities are inherent to all of us, but that we are taught by our culture and civilization to ignore these abilities, taught that they aren't "real" like science for instance. So we are naturally born with "psychic" abilities, but not encouraged to develope them at all , so they may wither and die. And if we do acknowledge or develope them , we're sort-of way out there. I agree that psychic abilities Could be used for good or evil. I haven't seen "stir of echos" but maybe it's still around at the video rental place?! I did see the one where Kevin Bacon is the invisible man though!
I saw "The time machine" recently and really liked it! A remake of the book by H.G. Wells and the older movie. I thought it was definitely worth a remake! The ending is SCARY though!