My dog enjoys tarot very much!

Hight Priestess

My dog likes to get involved in my readings. When I do a reading for myself I sometimes spread the cards on the floor for more space. He always has to get into that space, laying on them and getting as close as he can to the spread. He would lay across the middle if i let him. I send him away time after time but he is just determined to be a part of it.

Recently I got a new deck the Dame Fortune's Wheel and has has taken a liking to it. I noticed some chewed edges. Just now he was trying to nibble on them. This is interesting because he has never chewed any of my other decks.

irisa

Hehe.... My canine friend likes to be involved in *everything* I do, doesn't matter what it is... now when it comes to Tarot my feline friends like to pull the cards for me :)

irisa :)

starrystarrynight

hehe. My dog used to (well, he's been gone for almost 20 years now) lay across my feet--literally on top of my feet--when I would sit to draw cards or anything else that took my attention off of him! It was like he was an anchor, and he could fall asleep knowing that if my feet moved, they would take me away from him...and he couldn't allow that without knowing where I was going.

I mean, just maybe I was going to get him a dog treat or something, and he didn't want to miss that! Heaven forbid! :D

The Fish

My cat loves them too, she'll often be upstairs and if I get out the cards and have them on the floor she'll be right down getting involved. Sometimes she'll lie with one paw on a certain card in the spread, or turn one of them around.

I've often thought the reason why I get the RW queesn of wands for me is that there is a black cat sitting at the front who looks just like my cat, I am going to have to see if this card appears more often when she's around.
xx

WingspreadPhoenix

Wow, you're a brave soul! Seeing as how my cat attacks anything that moves, I'd be scared of doing a reading around her.

Maybe your dog chewing the deck just means he approves of it :] Either that or he's marking his territory... :0 Be careful or one day you'll walk into the living room and you'll find him sitting, doing his own readings!

The Fish

WingspreadPhoenix said:
Wow, you're a brave soul! Seeing as how my cat attacks anything that moves, I'd be scared of doing a reading around her.
QUOTE]

Lol, they are right little buggers aren't they?! Mine is so docile she's scared of the wind, and bees, and the heating turning on, and the bin men, and the coffee and bread making machines...but not thunder or fireworks (???). She's a strange one! Who can work out animals, I suppose they're just as strange as people, lol.

Amary

Just be careful he's not jealous! My dog gets destructive of anything I pay too much attention to- he's killed quite a few rosebushes because of it.

strings of life

The Fish said:
My cat loves them too, she'll often be upstairs and if I get out the cards and have them on the floor she'll be right down getting involved. Sometimes she'll lie with one paw on a certain card in the spread, or turn one of them around.
One of my cats always lays on the foot of the bed if I do readings there. And, depending on his mood, he'll even come up and "mark" the cards (making them his) by rubbing on them and purring. He will also put his paws on some of them.

I love when he is around when I read. It makes me feel grounded and relaxed knowing that I am sharing special time with my kitty too!

Cerulean

Glad to hear this-grins-happened to me and friends.

I thought it was just cats, but these dog stories made me remember some fun things.

And I thought the minature roses that this puppy chewed up was just because of teething...but I remember missing running shoes showing up in odd corners of the garden and under ivy!

Cerulean