my first crystal ball... now what do i do

lukedra

i was searching old threads and coldn't find any question like this or i didn't look hard enough.... please exscuse me if i sound like a noob. I was givin a crystal ball for my birthday(my birthday is on sunday but i was given it a week early) and i tried using it for the first time tonight.

I read a web page on gazing

well i was trying and like first momeunt something happened and everything went black i couldn't see a thing i lost all vision and it was abit scarry.... i didn't have much happen after that i might have seen a tree after that but my mind might have made it up...... when not much was happening from then i packed it away

am i on the right track am i supposed to black out?

by the way my i'm not sure what type my crystal ball is but it is very clear but it has a white phonix and dragon on it and some asian writting my mum got it off ebay(i love dragons, i love phonix's and i love tarot so she decided i'll get him a crystal ball). very heavy i thought it was supposed to be lighter

sagewriter

i got a crystal ball for my birthday (last sunday). but as it was sent to my other home, i haven't got it yet. But I'm going home tomorrow, so should hopefully receive it then!

Looks like we shall be learning together! I shall let you know what I see :)

Sagewriter x x

brenmck

lukedra said:
well i was trying and like first momeunt something happened and everything went black i couldn't see a thing i lost all vision and it was abit scarry
That's the part that worries me, too. I found one in my deceased mother's belongings, never heard her talk about it, but there it was for me to find. It has a stand and a small bit of paper describing its origin. Took it with me, but haven't successfully used it mainly because I'm a little afraid of letting myself go far enough. But I did get an important message through an adept who read it very well - I assumed part of that was to show me that yes, it does "work" and it is "genuine." If you or sagewriter come across any info I'd sure like to see it. Will do the same for you. :)

~B~

lukedra

well just updating i spent much time trying last night again to see if i can see anything, after a long time i managed to calm my body down from all the itching and other things your body does to distract you from focusing, i think i saw a set of eye's with green eyeshadow after a long time... i was really tired and could have been my mind just giving me an image so i would give up. i have never been a good meditator so this is alot harder for me then first relised. Plus my eyes start to water and i blink and i loose anything i already had with the ball going very dark like arua around it.. like jet black around it and my hands go jet black around them. I have bear minimal light when i do it cause i can find i can focus better and are calmer. Well thats my update i hope to hear how you are going sagewriter

wizzle

Dear Lukedra,

Welcome to the "crystal ball frustration society." Scrying into a ball isn't the easiest thing in the world. Sagewriter started a thread in the Divination section I replied to and there is a link on my first sucessful scry plus some recent attempts. I'm getting better, hehehe. I attribute that to chatting about tarot.

Blacking out is interesting and as long as you didn't fall off your chair probably OK. But it's not a general experience, I don't think. Your rational mind really must have let go, which is what is required in scrying. However, blacking out is going a bit too far so consider it maybe an attempt to vector in on what you personally need to do to scry. Scrying is similar to lucid channeling in that you need to be loose enough to let things come through but not so loose that you can't remember what you see/hear/say. Not many can do any sort of lucid channeling since it requires a pretty delicate balance.

mingbop

I know that feeling of fainting, everything goes far away and dark, thats why I havent yet tried scrying, it put me off. Isnt a nice feeling and you get scared.

Cerulean

The imagination for seeing clouds...

I bought an old-fashioned gentle book with pretty suggestions for meditative ideas...and it covered crystal balls in a kindly tone. The book suggested if you can see images in cloud formations, that is the same kind of imaginative exercise to use with crystal balls...it suggested daylight as an optimal time.

This website has similar suggestions...

http://www.sophiaswisdom.com/art_scrying.shtml

I actually used spherical-shape flatter crystals to magnify images in my tarot cards when I do a very simple spread...and so I use it to 'highlight' an image.

The idea of being to see cloud shapes and color reflections by holding a crystal ball in a soft cloth seems to work for my ideas. I only have a small one that I'd like to use while 'editing' art for some projects that I'm doing...help me focus.

I was going to use music that is good for yoga and stretching to create a soothing atmosphere.

Saw another link with suggestions:

http://www.livingdesigns.co.uk/info/crystalball10.htm

and another link that also led me to see a book by Ted Andrews:

http://www.aznewage.com/crystalball.htm

You can search inside of Ted Andrews book for suggestions--lots of ideas:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...102-0619825-9170543?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

Hope the ideas help.

Cerulean

stella01904

lukedra said:
... and i tried using it for the first time tonight.
...well i was trying and like first momeunt something happened and everything went black i couldn't see a thing i lost all vision and it was abit scarry.... i didn't have much happen after that i might have seen a tree after that but my mind might have made it up...... when not much was happening from then i packed it away

am i on the right track am i supposed to black out?
MM ~ YES! It took me several MONTHS of practice to reach that stage and you got it the first night! It means you are truly endowed with clairvoyant vision and can proceed with confidence. :D You WANT this to happen.

If you can get a copy of the book, Crystal-Gazing by Theodore Besterman, grab it, it's the best & most complete book ever written on the subject. He theorises that steady gazing into a clear depth shuts down the optic nerves temporarily, so that visions may come, and this may be the cause of the dense blackness.

You may not see it every time. Sometimes there is just a mist that clears to reveal a vision, scrying is a very slippery thing to try to categorise or pin down. But the blackness is fine, I think of it as a kind of procreative darkness, like womb or cauldron symbolism.

In any case, I've been doing it since the mid 1970's and I haven't gone blind, grown two heads, had a psychotic break or been struck by lightning in all these years, so it's okay.
by the way my i'm not sure what type my crystal ball is but it is very clear but it has a white phonix and dragon on it and some asian writting my mum got it off ebay(i love dragons, i love phonix's and i love tarot so she decided i'll get him a crystal ball). very heavy i thought it was supposed to be lighter
Whatever it is, it's working. :smoker: And heavy is GOOD. Heavy is quality.
BB, Stella

stella01904

MM ~ I got you some direct quotes, for the sake of precision.

I learned to scry from Zolar's Encyclopedia of Ancient and Forbidden Knowledge. It is a very flawed book, much of it seems to be plaigarised, and Zolar (actually radio personality Bruce King) has some very ignorant and distasteful things to say about Buddhism and the Dalai Lama, so I don't wholeheartedly recommend it at all, but it does have an excellent, comprehensive step-by-step chapter on learning to scry, that will work if followed.

Here is the reference to your experience, on page 372:
"At times the Crystal will seem to appear and disappear and give way to a dense blackness. When you reach this stage of Crystal gazing, you know you have what you were so desirous of knowing. You really are endowed with crystalline visions and may proceed with confidence."

The "optic nerve" theory in Besterman's Crystal Gazing was actually from G.F. Kunz's 1913 work The Curious Lore of Precious Stones. Besterman quotes him as saying:
"The optic nerve becomes so fatigued that it finally ceases to transmit to the sensorium the impressions made from without and begins to respond to the reflex actions proceeding from the brain of the gazer. In this way the impression received from within is apparently projected and seems to come from without...the (optic) nerve will only be deadened as regards external impressions, while retaining sufficient activity to react against a stimulus from the brain centers." Besterman adds:"Well, no doubt this means something." and I would have to concur, I have my doubts that the optic nerve is actually paralysed but rather that different parts of the brain, if studied, would be found to "light up".
BB, Stella