My new deck - Got my scissors out again!

Jewel-ry

OMG I just did it again!

I was looking at all the decks I don't use and having this row with myself about the pros and cons of trading some of them (I have had a few bad trades :( ) when the thought struck me that the reason I don't like the Tarot de Paris is because of the key words. I love the artwork. I really like the book but I REALLY don't like the changes to the key words on the majors of this deck and I think that is why we don't get on. Anyway, before I knew it my scissors and corner cutter were in my hands and ooops...done the first ten. Best thing I ever did. What a difference.

Anyone else trimmed this deck?

Bean Feasa

Hi Jewel-ry,
I've just reported on my own, first-ever trimming experience over on the trimming thread I started a week or so ago. I started trimming the Haindl. And I really found it all so much easier than I thought, and so incredibly effective, that I took a look at my other decks to size them up for trimming potential. Funny enough though, I didn't consider the Tarot de Paris... but now that you mention it, it could be a prime candidate. ;) I can see I'm going to be busy. Trimming is definitely the new going out! :D

P.S. sorry to hear you had some bad trading experiences.

Jewel-ry

I had to give up trimming this deck before I went to bed so its not finished but it feels like a new deck. It has the same problem with the small border going round the card that the druidcraft has but its trimmed beautifully! In fact its turned out only slightly larger than the trimmed druidcraft.

Again, my feeling is it releases the image and already I have noticed things in the cards that I just hadn't noticed before. Love it now. It was definately the re-named majors that I hated. Furthermore, I am a Justice VIII girl and not XI so thats a bonus too!

Wish I could scan it.

Still would like to know if anyone else has trimmed this deck.

~

rainwolf

Bean Feasa said:
Hi Jewel-ry,
I've just reported on my own, first-ever trimming experience over on the trimming thread I started a week or so ago. I started trimming the Haindl. And I really found it all so much easier than I thought, and so incredibly effective, that I took a look at my other decks to size them up for trimming potential.
YES! YES! YES! YES!

Another deck cutter satisfied :smoker: